Focus Fanatics Forum banner

pillar covers

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  96072 
#1 ·
so i recieved my pillar covers today. got them from pillarcovers on ebay. I'm sure everyone has heard of them/seen them but for the most part they've been on dark colored cars. well what about the blues, reds, whites and whatever bright color is out there? anyways. i intended to buy these so i wouldn't have to see the oxidation on my stock pillars and I'm entered in a car show in 2 weeks (don't think i'll win anything but this is my first one so why not) I was a bit suprised about how fast shipping was because when it comes to ebay....well you never know what to expect.
Packaging was neat and tidy and there were no missing parts. it came with alcohol wipes too [werd]

Instructions were pretty self explanatory. just clean wipe with alcohol wipes and stick it on without mashing it down until you got the perfect fit. Each piece fit well too which was a suprise. the only thing that really bothered me was that they left me to figure out which one goes where. It wasn't to hard to figure out but it would've been nice

so after putting them all on i looked at them one more time to see that they were in the right position. keep in mind this should be done in proper light which i didn't have so mine came out a hair off. you can't really tell.

and this is the final product

this also kind of annoyed me. I wish they just gave me an insert that fits like puzzle piece so it doesn't look all.....disconnected. but i guess that works and i can see why they couldn't make it like that. just had to make sure it was center. which i messed up on the other side, but i fixed it so its all good

and in some real light

so yea, that was my little project with my tiny budget. i'm quite happy with the result. quality is great and if they mess up (which i have a feeling they might because i messed up) then i wouldn't mind buying these again. [:)]

*dirty car is dirty*

See less See more
#2 ·
I am playing with the idea of doing something similar. However, instead of buying covers I am going to try plastidip with the plastidip glossifier on the pillars, handles, and weatherstripping. Not sure how it will work on the weatherstripping, or how it will even look with gloss black plastidip, but it's worth a try. I may also try gloss black vinyl. But it looks good nonetheless. I would want it to look like the whole piece was made of it though, rather than just a sticker. Just my .02

#3 ·
well it is a piece of plastic you stick on there...but i guess its a sticker. thanks

#4 ·
I think these are one of my favorite mods I have done to my focus(=
When i first got them people went crazy asking where I got them. Mine have been on for over a year and still look great!
They give our car a much sleeker look since the piano black pillar covers flow right with dark tinted windows(=

#6 ·
yea. it didn't really look good to me first. but it's grown on me since

#10 ·
Really interested in getting these. Couple questions though:

-It says "08-10", will it fit my 11?
-Does their "black" match the Ford factory UA black?
-Anybody know how weather resilient these are? Not really comfortable with exterior mods. Battling the elements and all...

#11 ·
Answers

Really interested in getting these. Couple questions though:

-It says "08-10", will it fit my 11?
Considering the 08-11 windows are the same I would guess but have to say yes they should fit.
-Does their "black" match the Ford factory UA black?
I believe the black is a match to the black window trims on say the Edge, Taurus, and other vehicles.
-Anybody know how weather resilient these are? Not really comfortable with exterior mods. Battling the elements and all...
As far as I know from others post these are reliable.

These are just my comments and I am no way an expert. I suggest getting feedback from others as I do not have these covers and I am just going off of what I hear and see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.