Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (
-   MK2 Focus (
-   -   Under-body engine cover? (

DJFreshlySnipes 08-04-2012 07:31 AM

Under-body engine cover?
I installed my FSwerks cool flo race cai, engine cover and fog lights last weekend and noticed that I can see the ground through my engine bay. I bought my 09 coupe certified pre owned from ford. Am I supposed to have one? I want to keep dust and dirt away from my cai and engine. Is there anything that could work?

jimfocus 08-04-2012 08:16 AM

Yes. They come with an under engine cover made of a felt like material for aerodynamics, sound deadening, leaks etc. IIRC they cost about $135 new.

Minchkin 08-04-2012 11:56 AM

Even from Tously?

gtferrari 08-04-2012 12:45 PM

my 08 never had a lower shield

King Hoonigan 08-04-2012 04:14 PM

i took mine off, maybe i can sell it to ya......

st12131 08-04-2012 06:33 PM

I require pictures of said cover or it didn't exist!
I too would love to have a lower cover, but of the real skid plate type.

st12131 08-04-2012 06:45 PM

Is this the part, if so it's only $27 on

King Hoonigan 08-04-2012 09:10 PM

no its this here:

King Hoonigan 08-04-2012 09:12 PM

wow i didnt even see you were in seattle, cool.

JDBug182 08-04-2012 09:23 PM


Originally Posted by King Hoonigan (Post 4292628)

This. You should have one...
this should be what your talking about... i think the proper name is splash guard...?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.