Focus Fanatics Forum banner

08 to 11 modifications (pictures)

54K views 243 replies 40 participants last post by  mac.mogul 
#1 ·
Hey just post what you've done to make your car look sick!

#163 ·
Chrome has it's place but I can't stand it on the second gens, ALL my chrome is gone. It took a while but I won that battle.

#170 ·
Mine? I had to go on a chrome hunt once I got my first mod.

Stock

First mod

As she sits today

#179 ·
A cheap option,but not as long term or quality, is to purchase the chrome door handle covers, sand them down some, then paint them with a rattle can of your paint color. You can optain one at your local auto paint supply. It is how I did my grill:

#185 ·
You cannot paint the black abs plastic handles. Well you can but the quality of the paintjob and the longitivty of the paint would be horrible. I had the chrome door handle covers painted gloss black for the longest before I got mine done body matched.

#196 ·
it's crazy how far this car has gone. i wish i had your lip kit. car looks great

#217 ·
are you trying to figure out how to remove it or what?
If so then the easiest way i've found it to remove the wheel well liner and you can get to the back of it from there. I know it has some pressure clips to release from behind and i'm pretty sure double sided tape on it as well.

as far as painting, you can use krylon fusion on it. made for plastic and no prep/primer needed. just clean it and paint.

#218 ·

The chrome by the door is what I'm talking about. I'm wanting to dechrome the car completely and go with a black/red theme and I'm considering painting them or removing. Not sure yet. Will removing them leave any blemishes on the car? Holes, etc.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#219 ·
yes. there are holes in the fender for where it clips in. if you want to remove them completely then it would be a good idea to just get a set of black fenders from a 09-11 and swap them. otherwise just pull them off and paint and put back on.

#221 ·

this one is a friend's in KC. he cut out where the focus lettering is and put clear plexi behind it and then we installed some led running lights behind it.

and yes, with the krylon fusion all you have to do is just clean them with some soapy water (get and crap off it) and then paint. will come out a kind of satin finish and you can clear coat it it you want more gloss.

#222 ·
this one is a friend's in KC. he cut out where the focus lettering is and put clear plexi behind it and then we installed some led running lights behind it.

and yes, with the krylon fusion all you have to do is just clean them with some soapy water (get and crap off it) and then paint. will come out a kind of satin finish and you can clear coat it it you want more gloss.
Now that is sexy lol. I think I'm gonna tape off the parts that are already black and use krylon red pepper and some clear coat on the chrome areas

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#226 ·
Just got some new shoes today, Montegi Traklite. Tires have a bit more left in them but I plan on running what's left off before I throw my winter tires on. After winter I will replace the wheels on them with some Continental DWS's. Absolutely no curb rash, just a few chips, guy said he had 20,000 miles on them before the motor blew. Paid $300 bucks for everything.... Did I get a good deal?

Untitled by DarderSauce, on Flickr

Oh jeez ^^^ Going to need a drop with these rims or they don't look that great. I had to do a test fit, the acorn lugs were a bit too large so I am going to have to get some tuner lugs. I am thinking the black closed end..... Thoughts?

http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/2000_2004_focus/wheels/lug_nuts/muteki/mtki23479061.html

#231 ·
if you still had the sportlines you could put them back on and they would look fine. and put some more sporty looking tires on there (or fill them up lol). but i wouldn't go any larger then a 50 series...unless you want your car to look like a cartoon character

technically your running the same...i guess, size as you would an eap wheel and 45 series tire combo. any bigger or smaller and you'll mess up your speedometer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.