bumper swap question - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96184
What I Drive: 2009 black 4d ses

FF Reputation: 1 Mad_Max93 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
bumper swap question

Alright i have a 2009 ses sedan that I ended up wrecking. :( I am currently fixing it now and have replaced the front bumper cover with the coupe version. Heres the dilemma I have fog lights and the brackets and all that works great but when it comes to installing the plastic piece that goes under the bumper(not sure of the correct name) it doesnt fit and seems the fog light brackets are interfering. I had illustrations of both front ends which it appeared they were the same but maybe im wrong or just cant seem to get it lined up correctly. any help or advice would be greatly appriecated. sorry Im sure pics wouldve been helpful to explain this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 96072
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES in Sangria Red

Points 4,593, Level 43
Points: 4,593, Level: 43 Points: 4,593, Level: 43 Points: 4,593, Level: 43
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 champjfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Max93 View Post
Alright i have a 2009 ses sedan that I ended up wrecking. :( I am currently fixing it now and have replaced the front bumper cover with the coupe version. Heres the dilemma I have fog lights and the brackets and all that works great but when it comes to installing the plastic piece that goes under the bumper(not sure of the correct name) it doesnt fit and seems the fog light brackets are interfering. I had illustrations of both front ends which it appeared they were the same but maybe im wrong or just cant seem to get it lined up correctly. any help or advice would be greatly appriecated. sorry Im sure pics wouldve been helpful to explain this.
Do you have pictures of the swap? I thought it would be cool to do this? Was it easy? Is it just take off sedan bumper cover and add coupe bumper cover? Besides the cover I would need the lower grill cover as well? Fog lights, headlights, etc, fit perfectly?
SES #035:
LED plate lights, LED map lights, LED cargo lights, remote start system, Sylvania LEDriving reverse lights
Old 04-01-2012, 07:57 AM   #3
Unicorn Owner

Fan#: 72283
What I Drive: 2009 Ice Blue 5 speed 4 door FoFo

Points 36,103, Level 100
Points: 36,103, Level: 100 Points: 36,103, Level: 100 Points: 36,103, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 7 VonKrause Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I replaced the sedan bumper with the coupe bumper and I thought I had a fitment issue but after some fiddling it fit just fine. What is hitting what back there to keep them from fitting? Do you have some pictures of it? But yea it should just be a simple drop and swap, I have done it to mine and another member here in town.
SR #233
Old 04-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
Focus Addict

Points 4,593, Level 43
Level Up 22% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonKrause View Post
I replaced the sedan bumper with the coupe bumper and I thought I had a fitment issue but after some fiddling it fit just fine. What is hitting what back there to keep them from fitting? Do you have some pictures of it? But yea it should just be a simple drop and swap, I have done it to mine and another member here in town.
Its easy to revert back to stock too right?

Quote:
What is hitting what back there to keep them from fitting?
Quote:
Do you have some pictures of it?
I want to add the rounded coupe verison bumper and then the coupe or 2011 SES rear bumper

How does it affect FORD and taking it there and everyting else?
SES #035:
LED plate lights, LED map lights, LED cargo lights, remote start system, Sylvania LEDriving reverse lights
Old 04-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
Unicorn Owner

Fan#: 72283
What I Drive: 2009 Ice Blue 5 speed 4 door FoFo

Points 36,103, Level 100
Points: 36,103, Level: 100 Points: 36,103, Level: 100 Points: 36,103, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 7 VonKrause Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by champjfocus View Post
Its easy to revert back to stock too right?

I want to add the rounded coupe verison bumper and then the coupe or 2011 SES rear bumper

How does it affect FORD and taking it there and everyting else?
I won't say it's easy but it is straight forward, same mounting points and screws, so going back to stock shouldn't be too complicated. And why would you want to go back to stock? I just sold what I could and to me it increases the desirability when/if I sell it. (Doesn't really affect price since it's still a OEM bumper.)

I have both the front and back coupe/SES bumpers on mine, I had Insurance take care of the back bumper as I was rear ended a year ago and got a free upgrade, and I paid my mechanic friend that works at a Ford body shop to install the front one. But to Ford it's just something that they can charge you for, they don't care if you are swapping the bumpers. I took mine to ford (and paid a ton for it ) when I got my SES spoiler put on. They just give you a quote for parts and labor and then you pay for it, really simple. As far as I know it shouldn't void any warranty's or cause any issues.

-VonKrause-
SR #233
Old 04-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
Focus Rookie

I got it to fit with a little trimming of the plastic underneath because the foglight bracket hit it but now its all put back together and looks good. After the wreck when getting parts I actually looked at a thread that i beleive was started by VonKrause.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
Focus Addict

Points 4,593, Level 43
Level Up 22% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
I would want to change it back in case I sell it??

I would definitely have FORD do it. It was like 300 each for bumper covers and the grill part for front was like 60 right?

Fog lights fit in alright?? I want to get some tinted OEM tails as well.

Might get some projector headlights. I like that look. Otherwise my edits are done I think.

Do you have any pictures? Before and after and such?
SES #035:
Old 04-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95564
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

Points 4,280, Level 41
Points: 4,280, Level: 41 Points: 4,280, Level: 41 Points: 4,280, Level: 41
Level Up 65% Completed
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
^^ Pics or it Didn't happen
Old 04-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89099
What I Drive: 2011 black focus

FF Reputation: 1 MUFFINBOY25 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Where did u get the coupe bumper? Was it off someone or did u buy it off eBay
Old 04-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #10
Focus Rookie

I can get pics I just don't know how to post them. I did tinted tail lights and projector headlights while I was it also. If I can figure out how to post pics I will get some up tonight. I can't remember how much my parts where but I got a break on cost since can get them through my work. Next up is wheels I hope!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.