Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Official Second Gen Gas Mileage Thread!!

18K views 118 replies 37 participants last post by  Miller88 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! With gas prices rising I have shifted to slower driving and trying to get the best mpgs possible rather than hot rodding around haha.

I got to thinking about it and decided to create this thread for everyone to share the total miles they can get per tank of fuel!

Here is how it will work, post your total miles for your tank from full to the 50 mile light.
Also include what percentage was highway/city driving.
We can all share what we get and what mods we have along with driving styles and suggestions on improvement!

take a pic of the mileage with the receipt for the gas used for that readout(=
AND THIS WILL RUN ON THE TRUST FACTOR.. NO LIEING ABOUT GETTING MORE MILEAGE THAN YOU GOT LOL

NO CHEATING!

Lets get to it!

#11 ·
Well I never wait till 50 miles left, I drive way too much to chance it. I can tell you over the last 64,500 miles (in only 22.5 months) I have averaged 33 mpgs. I drive a similar route every week and have almost always gotten 33mpg. I have the big 3; CAI, tune and exhaust. Lowered 1.5" and run a 17x7.5 wheel that weighs 16.5lbs ea. Tires are larger then stock but overall tire/wheel combo is the same weight as stock 15" steel wheels and tires. I also live at and drive at about 2200' above sea level and use 91 octane fuel. I know for a fact that if I were to put on a set of super lightweight 15's and run a LRR rite I would be at or above 38-40mpg. i drive about 80% highway and 20% city.
Posted via FF Mobile

#17 ·
well i drive about 90% city... i get rgiht around 23 or so if i do that (also depends on how i drive) took a trip 2 weeks ago and got right around 33 highway. at right around 79 mph. around here gas for regular 85-87 is between 355-375 a gallon.

#20 ·
well, (sorry for the metric) i filled up last week, and i had about 530km on it before filling up again, i was at 1/8th left. So i roughly got about 7.9L/100km. I drive 55km to work and back, so i do 110km a day, i use about 1/8 or less of a tank one way. I take back roads, and very little city streets, i do 90kmh on the back roads, which is what experts call the optimal speed for fuel efficency... sorry if all this metric is confusing.. too tired to convert it :(

#23 ·
Miles per tank isn't a great measurement of gas mileage ... Gas gauges, especially Ford gas gauges are extremely inaccurate.

With that said, I've averaged, per tank, as much as 46 in the past. That was when the car was still new and breaking in.

I expect to see 48 out of it this summer. Mind you, I have to take it REAL easy and drive like a grandma having a slow day ... but it's worth it when I can drive 150 miles on 3.5 gallons of gas.

#27 ·
Yeah the better you drive the higher that start number is. last night when i filled up it said 373 miles to E. back last summer when i drove right ive seen it read 452 miles to E (=
But it is just a rough estimate. for the accurate number just set your trip meter right when you fill up from the light. then when you hit the light again divide your total trip miles by the amount of gas on the last receipt. i think im going to buy me a scan gauge two(=

#28 ·
Yea I know all that, it use to be higher when I travled back and forth to school, it was all high way, now it s all city, stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, I just want to see how many miles I drive for a tank, so when I get to 50 left ill take a pic of my mileage and see how many I drove lol

#29 ·
this is my kind of topic.
i have no engine mods at all, and my last tank i got 34.6 MPG. I drive 96 miles round trip per day back and forth to work, and 72 miles are freeway. i drive right at 65 in the AM on the freeway and in the afternoon its all over the place, i have many elevation changes here in charlotte, so i cant keep the RPMS low all the time. Also i hit traffice quite often.
Im have to fill up this afternoon, so ill take a picture. when i buy gas near work its 3.47 today for regular.

#31 ·
30mpg sounds like an average number.. probably doesnt help that i have a lead foot time to time.. next time i fill up im going to drive a lot more fluidly, rather then on and off the gas. also how many of you have cruise control, and how many use it for their daily drive? i do not have it, so i wanna know where i stack up with those who do. also i should mention i have no engine mods. All i have done is change the oil to full synthetic and replaced my air filter less then 5k miles ago

#32 ·
last fillup i had I did the math and got 32.6mpg. Id say 75% highway driving on lightweight 15"wheels w/snow tires. Stock SES wheels are going back on this week so I am expecting to lose 1-2 mpg

Far as mods go I am 100% stock with 5 speed manual trans and I shift ~3000-3500 rpms with the occasional 5-6000 rpm shift while merging on to the highway. Average speed on highway is 75-80mph

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.