Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Lets see those HIDs on 08+

3K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  SlateTheGreat 
#1 ·
Just bought a set of hids from a fellow FF member. Just waiting on them to get them by mail.

Got 6000k diamond white with a hint of blue.

Lets see pics from 2008 and above!

Thanks,

Eric[thumb]

#4 ·
why does your passenger light look so far down in the second pic? not a bad cutoff but the beam scatter kinda sucks but i have the same issue with mine...until i eventually do a retrofit.

#5 ·
Hey Ryan, what are in your turn signals???

Edit: I had the same issue with my projectors, they were leveled wayyyyyyyy too low from the factory. I raised them up until my stock halogens reached about the edge of their brightness. I need HIDs lol badly haha ryan can you post up some better quality ones of how they light up the road ahead of you? I want 8000k as well but I want brightness. I live by Glendora Mountain Ride and it's a little dark during night canyon runs ;)

#6 ·
yeah the scatter is a lil weird on em idk why on the ground but patter seems ok.I fiddled around with the leveling and it seems like the left headlight is brighter than the other ill try and post better pics tnight

#9 ·
Umm BTW, a long time ago, it was almost proven, that while switching projectors in the ebay headlights does help with the cut-off an beam, about 90% of the time the issue is infact NOT with the projector, but rather the very cheap lenses they put on the headlights.

A guy did a retrofit, and when he did he used clear ebay lenses and it distorted the light all to hell, put OEM in front of the projectors, and helped SOOOO much.

Just in case your wondering of course. =]

#13 ·
What bulb types do the eBay projectors take?
I was under the impression they only took single beam bulbs.
H11 I was told by one seller.

#16 ·
H9's --> I'm using a single-filament HID bulbs (the projectors have some electromagnet shutter that will allow for a highbeam; it essentially lowers the shutter when you flash the highbeams)
im not sure if dual filament bulbs will even work

@slate: type 2 switchbacks from v-leds.com <-- they run white, but when signaling flash amber-black-amber...
(focus bulb sizes )
you should keep in mind that these ARE LED bulbs, so you'll need to pick up a resistor kit to avoid hyper-flashing!

#19 ·
Hey take a peek inside the little connector from the car end of it and check where your metal contacts inside are. My right headlight was way different than my left because it was replaced due to an accident. I had to bend the right headlight's LED/Halo little thingy to the opposite side to make sense in my connector. Also, in my left we had to flip it 180* because only half the LEDs worked. Try that :)

And thanks for the tip on the turns. Anybody have a how to write up yet?

#20 ·
Hey take a peek inside the little connector from the car end of it and check where your metal contacts inside are. My right headlight was way different than my left because it was replaced due to an accident. I had to bend the right headlight's LED/Halo little thingy to the opposite side to make sense in my connector. Also, in my left we had to flip it 180* because only half the LEDs worked. Try that :)

And thanks for the tip on the turns. Anybody have a how to write up yet?

#23 ·
same here, except 35W 3000k fogs and a set of 8000k bulbs for my projectors :D
also have a set of 5k fog bulbs for matching
ah, HID matching is such a headache [???:)]
gotta consider those switchback bulbs/CCFL halo + LED/ fogs/projectors

#24 ·
Those switchbacks will definitely be somewhere in near future, at least for a little bit. I'm kind of attached to my amber markers though, sets a little contrast in. I love my halos and LEDs though, with the halogens right now, after they cut off, everything beyond that that can reflect light has this faint bluish/purple tinge to it lol.

#26 ·
That's gonna be good, I just can't wait at this point for my HIDs to get here. So excited. Noticed today however that on DDMs site, it said they had a customs delay on an import of parts so all orders are delayed 7-10 days. Sad day. On a happier note, found someone to paint my grille flat black :)

#29 ·
Yea same with me. Did you see the little 710 day delay disclaimer on the site?

We are slowly receiving and unpacking the shipments that we had delayed by customs which is causing a 7-10 business day delay on orders. This is only temporary and the issue was outside of our control. We apologize for this delay as we realize it is inconvenient and unexpected.

LAME. But worth the wait I hope. Nice avatar by the way ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.