Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2008+ LED tail lights

55K views 176 replies 59 participants last post by  Ryokuro 
#1 ·
What do you guys think of these?
First time i've spotted them on ebay (they're not available on ebay.ca [rant])
Anybody actually gone ahead and bought/installed these? I've been looking for a swap for the tail lights to go with the swapped out headlights, but im not sure if this is the route to go.

It says its for 08+ 4 doors only, but no reason why it wouldnt fit on the coupe as well right?

See less See more
#43 ·
I just installed a set in my 08. They work GREAT! real bright!. The fit after install was good they installed in 19 min. also as advertised they were truly "plug and play". A little nightshade and they will be done!. I shot a video of them after I installed them. I am not great with videos but I got close ups for viewing the fit. I show turn signals as well as running lights. I was alone so I couldn't do the brake lights but believe me they work good and bright!. There was no adverser effect on the cruise control or fast light blinking problems. The company that put these out built them right 100%. Here is the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjADz9l4kB8

#37 ·
I cant stand the red part though, they should be completely clear. Would drop cash fast for a carbon fiber set with all clear lenses. Very dissapointed in the aftermarket for 08+ focus and hate to say it but had I known no one was going to make anything for them I might not have bought mine.

#39 ·
#47 ·
Sorry to hear that! I however dont have any still photos as I thought the video would be more useful for others not only that but its darn cold here with lots of snow! to tell you the truth for some reason I dont want to go outside to get a still photo. Perhaps when you get home after work you will be able to view the video.

#53 · (Edited)
I see in your post you are installing halos in your Focus. I considered doing the same to my 08. I am friends with a Ford repair tech at my dealer he called me as he wanted to show me a customers car in for repair. The customer installed Halos into his 08 Focus, I am unsure of the model of halos he installed but His entire headlight wiring assembly was fried and turned to dust!. Please think carefully about your halo mod.!. I installed a set of aftermarket bulbs instead of halos into my 08. The wattage on these replacement bulbs was the same as the Ford factory bulbs 55w-65w but the bulbs preformed MUCH better then the week bulbs Ford put into the car. I would rate the brightness and whiteness of these aftermarket bulbs as being 35% brighter!. The factory bulbs Ford installed in the 08 Focus had a color temperature rating of 3100K the high performance bulb I replaced it with had a color temperature rating of 4000K without drawing any more wattage. The only downside of these replacement aftermarket high performance bulbs is they burn out quicker then the stock bulbs. The stock Ford bulbs last a average of 2 years while the high performance bulbs burn out in only 1 year. The wiring Ford installed in the Focus was of the smallest gage they could use for the headlights on the car there is NO safety margin on this wiring. I am sure if you really wanted to you could just replace all the headlight wiring with a much heaver gage wire but the cost to do so as well as replacing the headlight relay might be higher then it would be worth. I installed these http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/HighPerformance/Xtravision/ check the link out it has photos of the light from these bulbs taken from the drivers seat I think the improvement from these bulbs is adequate and the insurance of not having the expensive repair bill well worth it!. I wish you luck!
High & low beam headlamp
H13ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting

#52 ·
In answer to your questions No the LEDs along the edge do not flash, And the LEDs are MUCH brighter then the stock bulb daytime visibility is GREATLY improved! I also noticed when applying the breaks The lights respond much quicker! this I feel is great for safety reasons. I also have to commend the manufactures of these tail lights the construction quality is as good or better then Fords. They are sealed against water and all kinds of weather I dont expect moisture problems ever. Although I havent had these long enough to judge their longevity I see no reason that these should fail for years of use!. The seller I got them from on E Bay packed these double boxed and shipped FAST!.

#56 ·
Others have requested another video of these LED tail lights shot from farther away.Here is another video done in bright daylight from farther away I positioned the rear of the car for maximum daylight glare to show light visibility. To simulate brake lights I used the emergency flashers with running lights . Conclusion was visibility GREATLY improved! and LED lighting response faster then stock bulbs!. I hope others find these videos useful. Please consider a reputation boost I could use it! LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qmntn2dqms

#58 ·
no actually you have to wire the plug before you can " plug and play"

lol jk but I love how they skipped all the 05-07 sedans (maybe hatches too but you guys have special tail lights) and didn't put out ANY aftermarket tails for them. lol.
Posted via FF Mobile

#62 ·
I know a lot of folks on the forum have these installed (sedans mostly?), but I was wondering if anyone can confirm if these will fit on the 08+ coupes.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-2010-FORD-FOCUS-4DR-SEDAN-L-E-D-TAILLIGHTS-LED_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45f19c2209QQitemZ300406284809QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
I ask this because I've seen that many of the postings (ebay) indicate that these are for the 08+ sedan only, and some go as far as saying it will not fit the coupe.
Arent the bodies essentially the same (tail light portion anyways), or is there some difference in the shape of the lights that im not aware of?
im about to pull the trigger on this, so feedback would be much appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.