Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2008 Halo Projector Headlights Install

45K views 154 replies 26 participants last post by  Ryokuro 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought the Halo projectors for the 2008-2010 focus seen on k2motors and ebay.. i'll post the pics and discuss the lights afterwards

ok guys thanks for being patient. Install on this was pretty simple i followed this write up by bradwhite to remove the grill and headlights.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...d.php?t=161006
This took about 15 mins. Overall install took about an hour and 15 minutes. I had some trouble separating the lights from the adaptors. I
also had a plug n play Hid kit (h13) in there also. I left that set up, so if (when) i decide to get hid's for these it'll be a 5min job. The lights fit
pretty well, they are the same as the oem so that wasn't even an issue. ok to the pics!!!!!!!

The low down on the bulbs are everything was plug and play into the stock harness. Except the led's and Angel eyes. I was unable to hook those up, so if anybody i out there can help me with that i would more than appreciate it. The bulbs on these lights are h9, and they are hi-beam and low beam. i took some pics of the light spread in the stock lights with hid's, and i'll try to get some pics of the new lights tomorrow for you guys. the cutoff on these is definitely more pronounced than the stock lights, and i'm pretty sure i'll end up throwing some h9 hid's in these too. Whew.. ok now lets discuss away, Lemme know if you like, if you don't, leave a reply.

See less See more
#4 ·
man, this is an exact repeat of when the 05-07 headlights came out. I wanna see how they look mounted up. don't be a slacker, post them pics asap.

#8 ·
yeah thats why i want it to but its gonna be lame if everyone has one i dont wanna see other foci with the same thing i have thats not being different they need to make more dammit

#9 ·
weird..... did you read that post i sent about wiring the stuff? i can find them again if you need it. i know you need to tap into your parking light switch (or other source if you want) in order for the power...i dont know if you just assumed they would turn on when plugged in. i dont think there are sidemarkers on these after market ones. if you get a chance can you post a pic of the bulb so i can understand how the heck its hi and lows? btw THOSE LIGHTS ARE BALLER. it makes the car's front look mean as hell. the only thing i may not like are that the turning signals look really wide, but i can deal. is the turning signal the same type as before? i have silverstar turning signals so they look blue but flash amber, and id love to keep them.

EDIT: i've never had to wire headlights before so im not gonna be the best person to consult you on that, but those other threads were fairly straightforward on what to do, so maybe pm one of them.

#10 ·
Updated first post with lots of pics

And here are some pics of the light throw with the stock lights and hid's (there not of best quality lol)

There actually wasn't any glare when i took this picture, but it came out this way on my camera phone so blame that

Not the best of pics, but the cutoff on stock was pretty much the same with the hid's, they lit up the road 3x brighter though

ok here's a pic of the back of the light and the led/angel eye plug, if anyone out there can help me get these working it would be awesome lol.

and i'll work on getting pics up for the Halo projectors cutoff and spread tommorrow guys....

#15 ·
first off... where in md are you from? and why haven't I seen you at any MA meets?

secondly... those look freakin sweet

#27 ·
Update well kinda

i'm working on getting the halo's working, the cord for the Halos was too short so it wouldnt reach the harness i need to get to. so i had to buy some extra wire and i'll work on getting the halo's up and running tomorrow... so hopefully tomorrow around this time i'll be updating with pics

#31 ·
uhh its needs to reach across the headlight basically from the side marker to the turn signal lol, so i wanna say about 8-9 inches... i ended up buying two rolls of 3ft i think, thats all they had.. i didn't get a chance to crimp anything today because my lil brother was going to prom, so i was running around all day. tomorrow i'll hopefully have good news with pics or a smashed headlight with pics lls

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.