Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Nite-Shaded 08' Grille

5K views 34 replies 24 participants last post by  uh60james 
#1 ·
OK, I can't leave my grille alone - what can I say. So this time I used VHT Nite Shade over the chrome on the grille. The first issue I had was that Nite Shade doesn't like to stick to chrome, not even after some steel wool. I solved that by getting the Nite Shade the way I wanted it and then spraying clear coat over it.

I also Nite Shaded the emblem but I polished off the Nite Shade to expose the chrome rim and the "FORD" lettering.

So here's a couple of pics, what do you think?

See less See more
#3 ·
looks nice, just one question tho, why niteshade? is there a reason you used it instead of black paint? reason i ask is b/c usually people use it as tint on tails or side markers.

ive been trying to find some niteshade in my area without having to order offline. where did you get yours?

#5 ·
I used the Nite Shade because I wanted it to look like black chrome, which I think it does. The pics don't do it total justice, it looks better in person.

#7 ·
Hmm, did I already post this? I seem to remember a conversation about Ford copying me with the 09' grille. [8]

#9 ·
Looks great Brad. My 09 coupe came with the dark chrome grill already but if it hadn't i would sooooo copy you right now, lol.

great job Brad.[thumb]

#11 ·
Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. I haven't seen an 09' yet, guess I'm going to have to go over to my local dealer and check them out.

FullMetal_Focus, I've been looking for some wheels I like and your 09' looks great with the Enkei's on it. I guess I'll have to look at those again.

Silver 17x7 Enkei RS7's with General Exclaim UHP rubber wrapped around them

#14 ·
Thanks again!! The six piece 3D Carbon body kit will be painted next week and installed next weekend (or that weekend after; at the work party). I'm excited to see how that comes out.

#22 ·
post pics of this for sure because i plan on getting this kit, but im only getting the 4 peice kit becuase i want the factory rear spoiler

#18 ·
awesome brad.

i think it looks really really really really really really really really really really really really good.

#21 ·
Thanks again, but now I have to get two new headlights. [hihi] When I did those I painted them, now I want Nite-Shade on the chrome on those too. Oh well, Ebay here I come.

#23 ·
Pics for sure, I got the six piece as I didn't have a factory spoiler. You will not be disappointed with the quality of the kit. The fit is fantastic and I mentioned this somewhere before but the guy at the body shop was impressed too. They're right next door to a Honda rice store and he really looked over my kit because he's used to the crap that comes from next door. He liked what he saw, no pins holes or defects they'd have to fix before paint.

#24 ·
I thought about painting my chrome one on my 09 but have the lead on a "grey" colored one from a coupe that I may try to see how it works....Yours looks good may try that if the other option I am looking at doesn't work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.