Power lock actuator - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2004, 12:57 PM   #1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 1004
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 TheRedZTS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Power lock actuator

My front passenger door lock is not locking all the way in. The actuator only locks half way, so the door still stays unlocked. Anyway to fix this? or do I need a new part?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2004, 09:10 PM   #2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 3187
What I Drive: silver Zx5 with new chrome

FF Reputation: 1 savetheworldsoon Good Standing Member
um...ust a thought...take it to a ford dealer and ask for an estimate..they will tell you the true price...other then that you could void the warrenty and go inside the door and mess it up...
Old 02-09-2004, 09:14 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91
What I Drive: 2000 Infrared SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 soonerman77 Good Standing Member
I had the same thing happen to me on the exact same door. I have a 2000 SE and they had to replace the actuator. A word to the wise. If you lock it manually by pressing on it be gentle. I got pissed at mine and pushed it the wrong way resulting in me having to buy a new lock assembly. Do all the locks act sluggish or is it that one door?
Old 02-10-2004, 08:39 PM   #4
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Its just that one door..the front passenger side. I decided to take it to Ford. They quoted me a total of $36 dollars and hour to diagnose the problem...plus any additional charges for parts and labor. Today I took it to a shop,Since the vehicle is out of warranty , and helped the mechanic take the door panel apart. We looked at it and they determined that it wasn't the actuator.. ( the piece on the interior of the door that U can see move.... that locks )..but it was the other piece.. I don't know how to say this.. it was that other piece thats in the inside of the door..that little hook that clicks in and locks the door. * ill try and take a digi picture and post it up * called up Ford and was quoted $130 dollars for the piece.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:02 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91
What I Drive: 2000 Infrared SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 soonerman77 Good Standing Member
Yes it sucks when stuff starts breaking and buying parts from the dealer is very expensive. Sometimes we don't have a choice though...
Old 02-11-2004, 02:22 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3346
FF Reputation: 1 MAD Performance Good Standing Member
if your warranty is already over just take to Circuit City or something.....they do actuators there and will cost you about half.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:10 PM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1133
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver ZX5 Zetec

FF Reputation: 4 03ChromeChica Good Standing Member
Huh, thats funny.,.. my rear drivers door on my ZX5 makes this horrible noise when I unlock it, it locks and unlocks, but the noise.. god, its ear wrenching.... need to get it fixed but Ford claims :I'm sorry we cant duplicate the problem" boy am I getting tired of hearing that line.. damn them!!
Old 02-11-2004, 08:22 PM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2599
What I Drive: you crazy!

FF Reputation: 1 smoknzx3 Good Standing Member
:I'm sorry we cant duplicate the problem" boy am I getting tired of hearing that line.. damn them!! [/B][/QUOTE]

OMG!!! When I read that all the hair on my neck stood up! They told me the same thing, what to they give out training classes on how to piss people off!
Old 02-11-2004, 11:16 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3329
What I Drive: 2003 Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 kaweahnet Good Standing Member
Are you sure you can't rig something up rather than paying $130. If I understood you correctly you were there when they took it apart, did you understand what was wrong? It might be worth a trip to Home Depot to try to find something to fix it with.

.... oooops, I guess the redneck in me is coming out. I'll do anything to try to save a buck!
2003 Rocket RK-100 80cc Shifterkart (when on the track).
http://www.thekillions.com/dave/phot...0290-thumb.jpg
Performance mods: Marcy Intake.
Interior mods: Lynx 2000 Remote start alarm and aftermarket door locks. 15% Tint (50% on side roll-ups).
Exterior Mods: Motegi FF5 18" wheels & Yokahama Parada Spec 2 tires (215-40/ZR18). H&R 1.4" springs. 5" Super Shorty Billet antenna.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:38 PM   #10
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

this is crazy...ever since they took the door apart..I saw the guy bathe the entire lock mechanism with some WD-40 type of spray.something like a lock lubricator. ever since then the lock has been working...beautifully.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.