Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Hands-free Cellular Phone Carkit ?

759 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Propilot23k 
#1 ·
I need recommendations for a cellphone/psc, which has a hands-free car-kit which looks good in a Focus (6-speed Manual SVT). By "hands-free carkit" I mean something more than a rubber band around the head to hold the cellphone in place.

Has anyone managed to tie-in a cellular carkit with the Focus radio/stereo, especially has anyone managed to use the stereo speakers and radio mute ? Some details advise against the FM transmitter type of cradle, claiming some cars doesn't have good-enough engine electrical shielding to prevent noise being coupled to the FM receiver. How is the Focus SVT's electrical shielding ?

Pro-fit P/N FO-59-00 holder appears to attach smoothly to the dashbord next to the radio, but there needs to be some adapter to attach to the holder. See www.pro-fit-intl.com.

#2 ·
i just use a headseat and set my phone in my cup holder, that way i can talk, and still have my radio. i also like my headset because i can take it out of the car when i want to and still have the hands free capability.

i know this doesnt help you, but its the best i got

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.