Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Intermittent Wipers? Y not in ZX3?

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  knoxrocks222 
#1 ·
Just out of curiousity, how come the ZX3 never came with the intermittent wiper switch and the other models did? Does Ford think that ZX3 owners are some type of "sub humans" that do not like intermittent wiper functions? Also, how come the cold weather package wasn't available for the ZX3? Do ZX3 owners not like seat heaters or heated mirrors? Just curious. :-/

#2 ·
Cause Ford is cheap and wants us to spend extra money on parts that didn't come with the car.
Anyway, you can buy it off eBay or some other Focus sites.

#3 ·
Basically it is because the focus is meant to be an entry level car in the US. Be glad it comes with what it already does cuz they could have been really cheap like the hyundai acents and offered power steering as an option

#6 ·
Ford or Ford Dealers must have or provide/order various "Base" Model Foci.
My 2003 Zx3 Base model came(listed on window sticker from factory) with Intermittent wipers/non-programmable once ~5 seconds, Fog Lights, Leather wrapped steering wheel and floor mats.
I've seen posts on this forum that some fOCUS owners didn't get all/some of the items I listed in other states for the same model of fOCUS. That being said, it doesn't surprise me if you didn't get any sort of Intermittent wiper control.

#7 ·
some of the foci have the multi speed adjustable wipers right? not just the three i have. if i got one of those, from a ZTS lets say, could i just swap it out of the steering collumn, or do i need to do more then that?

#8 ·
Nope. The upgrade takes all of 10 minutes. Unplug and pop the old one out, plug in and seat the new...and your done. One of those little things that do wonders for the driving experience and very well worth the $.

#11 ·
i did a post about this before, you can get the whole thing off www.parts.com it took me probably 5 mins to do the swap, the hardest part was getting the steering column to match back up perfectly. total cost was only like $28 and was the control for variable speeds and a rear wiper control

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.