My System - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2003, 02:13 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1556
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus ZX3 Ztech

FF Reputation: 1 shellshock Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My System

Ok Guys im doing Custom Install and i promise i will have pics once i get it dun but i just bought the amp and 2 subs and deck and im getting these 2 things for my speakers like a mini amp..and an extra amp to be hidden...Also 2 capacitors.

Im Getting one of these and a smaller one Amp: Click here for Specs its the same one http://www.cadencesound.com/action.l...ue=218&-search

Im Getting 2 Of These Subs....Click here for Specs its the same one http://www.cadencesound.com/action.l...ue=123&-search

Deck: its a Daul its Silver and Red......not the best in the world but will do the job i want it to do....

Speakers(i already got in there):Click to see them look for SAF680 - 6 x 8 Co-Axial Speaker System
http://www.swissaudioinc.com/speekers/SAF_Series.html

Also this thingy too: click here to see specs http://www.swissaudioinc.com/speekers/STX30.html

Capacitors: Click here http://www.swissaudioinc.com/accesso...apacitors.html

Let me know your guys opion its going to a 3 door 2003 focus zx3

I hope to have pictures by january 1st

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2003, 02:37 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1437
What I Drive: 2000 Ranger V6 4.0L 4x4 XLT Ext Cab

FF Reputation: 4 sa_pyro_ne Good Standing Member
Never heard of swiss audio but it looks to be pretty good quality stuff. Personally though, for getting the most for your money I don't think you should have gone with the caps. Just my opinion though, if you want reasons do a search, there's a pretty good size post on this, alot of disagreements. Any way, where are you going to hide the smaller amps? How mch did you end up paying with shipping and all that, if i may ask? What kind of enclosure are you doing for the subs?

- Scott
Old 12-09-2003, 11:57 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

ok well i took that hole system back but...i can still go and get it but...i own the speakers....what about this system with thoese swiss audio.....

2 of these Subs Each Cost 200 Click here http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/ez2/M...vers/separates

Amp Cost 650 1 of these and one other amp for my high and lows click here for amp http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/ez2/M...r%20Amplifiers

Deck cost 350 click here http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/ez2/M...ModelInfo.asp?
ItemKey=10061249&CategoryDesc=In-Dash%20Stereo

With Custom box 350

Cap cost 139

Witch system looks better
Old 12-10-2003, 08:04 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 392
What I Drive: 2001 Excursion (ISO another foci)

Points 6,874, Level 54
Points: 6,874, Level: 54 Points: 6,874, Level: 54 Points: 6,874, Level: 54
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 llama_in_a_focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (22)
damn, i will call you captail mispell! and i cannot help with the decision, sorry.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3668272&posted=1#post3668272
Old 12-10-2003, 02:57 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

I guess it depends on what you can get delivered to you. But i'd still suggest no cap, and i am not a fan of alot of rockford stuff. I have a rockford amp for my sub but it's an older model, they get really hot for one. for the money i think you can get much better. I'd say elemental design subs and avionixx amps with a pioneer or alpine deck, all of these can be had online for good prices and be shipped to you for a little xtra, although they'd probably end up less or equal to what your thinking aobut getting right now. What is the custom box? These are my opinon, it's up to you though.

- Scott
Old 12-10-2003, 03:38 PM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 517
What I Drive: 00 ZX3, 00 Dakota CC R/T

FF Reputation: 1 BIGBADWORM Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by llama_in_a_focus
damn, i will call you captail mispell! and i cannot help with the decision, sorry.
And I will call YOU a Douchebag. If you're going to insult someone on their spelling, maybe you should spell check your own.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:11 AM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

uh lets not turn this is to a dissing form ya heard im just tryin to see if i should get the cadence or rockford system
Old 12-11-2003, 01:49 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Between the two i'd say rockford, but it's close, rockford wins in subs but loses in amplifiers in my opinon, either deck isn't too great but the rf is slighty better. If your going for an all same brand system alpine offers good quality amps and good subs (type r series) and awesome hu's. Again, that's my opinion.

- Scott
Old 12-11-2003, 02:26 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

iight den pryo thanks fo ya help

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.