Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Neon Wired To Speakers

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  cfire39275 
#1 ·
i was wondering if anyone has wired neon to the speakers. if so, is there any chance of something going wrong? how safe is it?

#5 ·
if you're trying to get the neon to light with the beat...STOP NOW!! this isn't just a matter of hooking it up to the speaker power wires. you need a special module to do this. i think pep boys sells them, or you could check out almost any car audio place or online.

Mike

#8 ·
I'm not even going to touch the rice involved with this idea, but if you're talking about those neon tubes that blink to the beat of bass, then you much purchase a special neon with the said modulator. You don't hook up your neons, or ANYTHING other than your speakers to your speaker ground/power. If you did that, you're robbing yourself of quality sound. What you do is simply mount these tubes under your dash, seat, whatever, then there may be a sensativity control, then just let them beat to vibration(bass, door slam).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.