Guys with aftermarket seats - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 57978
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3 Pitch Black

FF Reputation: 3 shadyskater05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Guys with aftermarket seats

Hey I bought seats getting brackets soon going to mount them next week or so. Now I know I have airbag sensor for my seats. Installing these seats will they make my airbag light come on since the circuit will not be completed. Rather have my life then these seats

Posted via FF Mobile

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2009, 01:57 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6855
What I Drive: '90 ZR1 390RWHP, 2005 SB ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Trizney Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Most likely yes. But if they work similar to other manufacturers, there is only one sensor in the passenger seat to detect occupancy. By removing the seat, and also the seat mat, it will throw an SRS code for just that seat. The driver side airbag will still work, as there is no seat mat sensor for the driver. It uses all the other sensors in the car for determining when to deploy the driver side.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:10 AM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 59713
What I Drive: 2000 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 10 xtremepitbull Great Standing Member
and im glad i have a first gen focus ... but i hate it when the bag blows the top off and shatters the whole windshield ...

seatbelts do save lives and mine held me off my bags by about a foot ... i would to hate to feel that bag snap my neck ... i have no airbags at the moment so im thinkin euro pass airbag delete pocket and a momo steering wheel ... and takin out the srs light bulb ... im not sellin my focus so its gonna be mine ... ill take a seatbelt over an airbag anyday
My GF told me its her or tha car... im single now
Old 03-14-2009, 06:29 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63437
What I Drive: Light Tundra 05 Ford Focus MK1

FF Reputation: 1 MerseaFocusBoy Good Standing Member
Yeah seatbelt defently should be worn, i kno some that didnt. he broke his nose on air bag...

Overtaking is Natural for a focus
Old 03-14-2009, 09:19 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Trizney so what i am understanding for your post is that. I can take driver seat out and no airbag light will be on... Take out passenger seat and air bag will still be on due to the seat sensor. So my question to you is their a away to get the srs code off for inspection or no. I would save my girl life then ride around with stock seats.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62966
What I Drive: 2003 lime zx3

FF Reputation: 1 projectfocus03 Good Standing Member
haair bags lol death trap all you need is racing wheel with a cage and 5 point belts and there safer then a air bag
Old 03-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

i understand that but with the srs code can i still pass inspection with it or not. cause i may try and take the seat plate out and install in new seats
Old 03-15-2009, 02:03 PM   #8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 63506
What I Drive: 2001, Red, SE

FF Reputation: 1 kcor88 Good Standing Member
Hey,
anyone know where i could find a bucket seat from an 01 focus?
just need a driver seat.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:38 AM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6855
What I Drive: '90 ZR1 390RWHP, 2005 SB ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Trizney Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyskater05 View Post
Trizney so what i am understanding for your post is that. I can take driver seat out and no airbag light will be on... Take out passenger seat and air bag will still be on due to the seat sensor. So my question to you is their a away to get the srs code off for inspection or no. I would save my girl life then ride around with stock seats.
It depends. I am basing all my knowledge of this from BMWs, as I have worked on them for some time. I doubt the Focus is going to use self sinching buckles (they have tiny explosives in them to pull the seatbelt tighter in a crash), so there should be no sensors to unplug on the driver seat.

On the earlier models of BMWs, the all the SRS components looked at resistance in the circuit. The Focus seat mat might do the same. You might be able to find the amount of resistance the seat mat has, and make a plug/adapter to plug in with the correct amount of Ohms.

You would need to look at the connector. If it is a 2 wire connector, most likely it is how I described above.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 56594
What I Drive: '04 Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 Drivenind Good Standing Member
There was a "bypass" harness that completed the circuit in my Jetta when I swapped out my seats.

There should be a similar way to bypass the switch.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.