Lets chat about Dome lights - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 60775
What I Drive: 04 SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Cookieman00x Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Lets chat about Dome lights

I noticed that with the sunroof in the car, I have no lights in the back of the car. When I go into the trunk or back seat there are no nights.

So... Im thinking about adding another dome light between the rear seat and the trunk. Also I was thinking about just putting lights in the side pannels in the trunk to add some additional light.

I like the one in my mustang.. One light that turns on when you open the doors and two other lights that turn on with switches..

I want it to be OEM looking.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...QQcmdZViewItem

Let me know your thoughts and ideas..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2009, 03:09 PM   #2
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

Points 14,353, Level 77
Points: 14,353, Level: 77 Points: 14,353, Level: 77 Points: 14,353, Level: 77
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%
FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
get a stock focus dome light or the rear dome light that came in the focus wagon it will look much better than the ranger one you have above.

thats what i did, just cut off the front tab of the trim ring and use a utility knife to cut a hole in the headliner, glue it in, run the wires and presto! your done

ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums
Old 03-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 52303
What I Drive: 2004 Silver Focus LX 1.6

FF Reputation: 1 Daleaholic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Are the wires in place to add another light in the rear? Or do I need to do some of my own wiring?
Old 03-05-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 60775
What I Drive: 04 SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Cookieman00x Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
youd have to do your own wireing.. Very simple stuff..
Old 03-22-2009, 10:39 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 57010
What I Drive: '08 Silver Frost Metallic SES

FF Reputation: 2 flipwilly2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Cookieman, focusman,
Did you guys hook your lights up so they would come on when the door was opened? Do you think I could snake wires from the rear up to the front overhead light in my '08 and tie into the wires there? It would be nice to have them come on when the door opens and be able to turn them on by themselves too. How did you guys wire yours?
Thanks!
flip

Wife's: '08 SES, Airaid SRI, no resonator, SCT tuned
Old 03-23-2009, 12:25 AM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 57603
What I Drive: '02 Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 47 Riverratrider Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've seen focusman's and it looks like it should be there. Pretty cool idea.

~Leave no trace~
Old 03-26-2009, 10:29 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks to focusman6297 (he got rid of my "install demons"), I installed a PT Cruiser (I'm so ashamed) rear dome light in my '08 SES. It's a nice looking light-check them out on EBay. It doesn't have a switch so it just comes on and goes off with the doors. Looks nice, easy to install, lots of light. I made a template for the cutout, cut out the headliner, fished (2) 18 ga. wires from the cutout to the front dome light, spliced into the purple and the black factory wires, and it was done. I did have to paint the trim ring on the light-I think they're all gray-I needed black. Took an hour or so.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:32 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

I have a Focus wagon rear dome light w/mounting ring and pigtail I picked up at the boneyard when I got another light from a PT Cruiser. I thought the Cruiser light looked a little better because it had a trim ring. The Focus light has a switch that allows you to turn it on when the interior lights are off-the Cruiser works only with the door switch. If interested in the wagon light, PM me.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:44 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Bump
Anyone want a rear dome light for a sedan-genuine Focus wagon? PM me.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63000
What I Drive: 2001 Blue WAGON

FF Reputation: 1 Gro Harlem Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Domelights aren't hard to retrofit. The main problem is figuring out how to mount it. The mounting point also acts as the ground on our domelights & i'm not sure if there is a beam near the rear you could screw into without going through the roof sheetmetal.

my wagon has a rear domelight standard that comes on when you open the trunk or doors, but I haven't seen a hatchback model with its headliner out so I don't know if theres much to mount one of these to.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.