How many LED's do i buy? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 03:10 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61407
What I Drive: 2000 Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 2 guitarisawesome Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Lightbulb How many LED's do i buy?

I am going to do my;

-gauges (including the odometer)
-HVAC,
-Headlight controls
-Window switches
-Dome light
-Map lights
-Rear hatch light

So how many bulbs am i buying, and what are the numbers? I found threads with bulb numbers, but i can't find the interior bulb numbers, only the main exterior ones. I'm planning on just buying the LED plug in bulbs, because i'm a little bit "electrically challenged", so i figure pulling out/putting in bulbs would be my best route. I don't mind paying the extra 15 bucks for all the lights. So if someone could help me, that would be awesome, thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2008, 03:35 PM   #2
Banned

Fan#: 26570
What I Drive: February 2010 ROTM

FF Reputation: 172 scrammer Excellent Standing Member scrammer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
many of the lights you want to switch out are only able to be swapped out my soldering in new leds. (window switches, HVAC, headlight controls) this will require completely taking the parts apart, de-soldering the existing leds and soldering in new ones. if you are "electronically challenged" i believe this is something you shouldnt try without practice on something else.

you need to look for powertop or flat-top leds to do these swaps properly.

the gauge NEEDLE bulbs are 194's along with the map lights. the dome light is 6411 festoon bulb. the rear hatch light is also 194

if you want different color GAUGES, you will need to get a new overlay. try speedhut.com for that. many go there for a complete gauge cluster revamp

good luck
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2008, 03:36 PM   #3
Sticker Whore

Fan#: 32439
What I Drive: 2005 black zx3 ses

Points 17,024, Level 83
Points: 17,024, Level: 83 Points: 17,024, Level: 83 Points: 17,024, Level: 83
Level Up 35% Completed
Level up: 35% Level up: 35% Level up: 35%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 44 zx360 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (33)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarisawesome View Post
I am going to do my;

-gauges (including the odometer)
-HVAC,
-Headlight controls
-Window switches
-Dome light
-Map lights
-Rear hatch light
- you can get dome, map lights and plate lights Here for bulb sizes click HERE
- headlight is like 8 3mm leds 1 5mm
- window switches are 2 3mm (drivers side), 1 3mm (pass side), 1 for each lock if you do em...
- HVAC can be done multiple ways there are how to's on that, if your doing it blue the blue shines through on mine and i used 4 5mmleds in that one...

make sure you get resistors too, i use OZNIUM.COM (good for the maplight too) good source

hope that helps

instagram @360DSGNS
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61407
What I Drive: 2000 Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 2 guitarisawesome Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrammer View Post
many of the lights you want to switch out are only able to be swapped out my soldering in new leds. (window switches, HVAC, headlight controls) this will require completely taking the parts apart, de-soldering the existing leds and soldering in new ones. if you are "electronically challenged" i believe this is something you shouldnt try without practice on something else.

you need to look for powertop or flat-top leds to do these swaps properly.

the gauge NEEDLE bulbs are 194's along with the map lights. the dome light is 6411 festoon bulb. the rear hatch light is also 194

if you want different color GAUGES, you will need to get a new overlay. try speedhut.com for that. many go there for a complete gauge cluster revamp

good luck
Thanks for the bulb numbers. Yeah, i was hoping there was a direct swap out for the window switches, HVAC, headlight controls, but from the link above, looks like the only way is to solder.

As for the gauges, i just mean i want the light behind the gauges to glow blue. So i'll swap the bulbs and sand the back of the gauge face. I believe i saw somewhere that they are #74 and they are plug and play style. How man of those would i need (including odometer light)?

So far the count is;
(6) 194 bulbs (3 for needles, 2 for maps, 1 for hatch)
(1) 6411 bulb

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.