Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Attention!!!! Need Help With Install!!!

627 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  02SilverSVT 
#1 ·
So....... I've got an SPI sedan[paranoid]. 2003. And I am preparing to buy a gauge face from an SVT and I don't really know exactly everything that is involved.[confused] If any of you guys know in depth about this modification, any help would be appreciated. [headbang]

PLUS!!! If your in my area, (Mooresville, N.C., near Charlotte) if you know how to do it and want to wrench up, PM me and we'll do something. [werd]

Thanks a lot in advance guys!!!!

[offtopic]

Oh, and one other thing, I know that the Odometer on the gauge's are digital, but is there anyway to put MY miles on it instead of having HIS miles?

#3 ·
So, how long in total did it take you to do?

I mean, I'm pretty sure I could get to it, but since it's an SVT and I'm hooking it up to an SPI, is there any wire splicing going on? Or does it act up or anything?

and how exactly is it again to do the mileage thing?

#4 ·
Its one plug dude. No splicing or wiring unless you are trying to also hook up those small gauges the svt's have to the right of the cluster.
The mileage that will display will be the mileage from the svt cluster.
Make sure you write down how many miles your old cluster has when you take it out.
Then write down how many the svt shows and then you'll be able to tell how many miles it is off by for future reference.
I didn't buy an svt cluster, but I swapped in a kona cluster with 0 miles, so it made it easy to keep track of miles.

#7 ·
I didn't buy an svt cluster, but I swapped in a kona cluster with 0 miles, so it made it easy to keep track of miles.
what's the kona gauge cluster look like?

I remember reading recently (but I can't remember where) that someone bought a set of RS gauges to put in an SVT focus. They wouldn't work at first, but when he swapped a box off of the back of each cluster the RS ones worked and his mileage was on the RS cluster.....lemme go see if I can find it

found it on the jet
forums(dot)focaljet.com/interior-modifications/473691-rs-gauge-headaches-solved-new-pics.html?
obviously replace (dot) with .

#6 ·
Thanks a lot for the help guys.

I know all about engines, but I've never done any "major" interior work. Just trying to make sure I do it right the first time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.