LED's in footwells? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 02:05 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55814
What I Drive: 02 Liquid Grey ZX3

FF Reputation: 6 zx3focus02 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Exclamation LED's in footwells?

how would i put leds in my footwells? what do i need to do? what would i wire it to? im new at this lol

ZETEC Crew #255
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2008, 06:47 AM   #2
Banned

Fan#: 24432
What I Drive: 2002 Stealth ZX3

FF Reputation: 91 Sn4ckM4st3r Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Hey man, welcome to the wonderful world of lights. If you do plan on going LED in the footwells i suggest you make friends with a site called oznium. They have a ton of stuff and it's where i buy every thing. The 9.5inch LED strips are what i use and you can see them in this pic.

Also the top picture the pink doesn't look bright but its because at the time it was aimed incorrectly so when i fixed it, it became brighter.

If you decide on what lighting you will want to do or what not post here or pm me and i can give you a long list of everything that will be needed or required to achieve the correct result enjoy, and be Guilty by Illumination.

Also note this was my old car i will have pics tonight or tomorrow of my new glow setup.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:55 AM   #3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 54725
What I Drive: I am buying a 2005 Focus Saleen

FF Reputation: 1 golfnate07 Good Standing Member
Where are the switches? And can I get a list of everything needed? Did you tap a fuse or connect right to the battery? Thanks, Nathan!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #4
Banned

In my previous setup the switches were in a custom plexi piece under the radio that was frosted and had orange, pink, and white LED's behind it.

Everything needed depends on what you want to run.

You can run Neon but i would stray from this as it is exspensive and is very difficult to hide. I would try and head to www.oznium.com They carry LED strips. Which are almost invincible to anything and are bright. You could also try cathodes which are a little more fragile but give off a softer glow only thing is you will need to hide the transformer and keep the two of them kinda close.

If you do choose to go LED strips you will need one 9.5" strip per area. So if you want to do the footwells, the front of the seat and the backs of the front seats you will need 6 total LED strips of any color.

As far as a fuse it is really up to you. You could run a fuse in which case you will need a ATC inline fuse holder the one that seals to keep out water. Also be sure to get a 5 amp fuse.

Another way to tackle it is if you have a aftermarket radio you can run the power to the power wire of the radio. This way there is a fuse in place and it is VERY easy. I would also suggest running 22 guage wire. This will be the most beneficial in the wiring and will hold your load for the LED strips correctly.

If you choose to use an inline fuse it will need to be within 18 inches of the battery power wire. Also the grounds will need to be run to the body or metal of the car.

Your switch can go anywhere you really want it to go. Thats really your decision, anywhere you can get it and like the placement do it. Mine personally will be going in the ashtray and i will be using round rockers to give them a hidden effect.

Any other questions be sure to ask or pm me. Also if you choose to go with cathodes tell me and ill get you a run down for that. ENJOY.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

okay so heres the deal...the guy who first had my focus installed 3 switches under my arm rest..

i believe he had underglow and everything with it. So im wondering what i would have to do to get LED's under the driver and passenger side of my footwells.

what do i need to get this done?
ZETEC Crew #255
Old 05-20-2008, 03:21 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

yea ill try that site out
ZETEC Crew #255
Old 05-20-2008, 03:41 PM   #7
Banned

Like i said try out the link given. After you have done that shoot me a pm or post on here or if you have aim let me know ill add you making this quicker. But find out what kind of lighting you will want to use and i'll help you from there because different kinds will require different install supplies so let me know man. I'll be on the comp all day as i am working.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.