Focus Fanatics Forum banner

a sad story

1K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  svt_gEEk 
#1 ·
just wanted to share my horror story with all of you i had just about to get my Evo 5 body kit so i decided to go through the family friend to put it on (not recomended to anyone) well first this dudes shop was about an hour for my house but he had told me on the phone that it was ganna be 1700 for the install and the paint and the kit which was not bad at all its a big kit so i go there and drop of the car with a buddy it was a small shop but i figured that it was a family friend so he would not f me over(o boy was i wrong). So i had already had worked it out with him that he would have it for 2 week and not to put the fog lamps in i would do it another day so i left the car while i was on leave. i called the guy after about a week you know i was exsited and wanted to know what was going on the guy answers the phone and says yea i got the side skirts fitted (super puzzeled that i was a week later) i ask if he was having problems and he said i have been busy doing other jobs in between so again i do the whole its a family friend thing it will be ok lol. so about a day before i have to go pick it up he calls and says yea umm i'm ganna need about an extra week and the paint is ganna cost 3000 extra to the origenal price so that when my army attitude kicked in told the dude put the car back together and i'm ganna pick it up tomorrow. so the next day when i get there the guy go well i left your fog lamp switch and wires in lol i said not to put them in so not only did he put a hole in my dash for a switch but he put a bright yellow lite up the whole car switch (in my head i wanted to kill this dude) so i go inside to work on the price for the body kit. i get the receipt and read the original price 1800 wow that change lol and the price that he was ganna charge me for just the body kit was 900 and the kit only being 7 hundred and something well i just payed it i didn't care i did not wanna hit this dude so i took my car, my body kit and left. i get home to notice that i have a dent in my trunk when they had the kit off somthing hit it, half the lil black fasners are missing, and the exhuast was still cut back but he was a family friend so i could not do anything to him or my family would be mad at me lol wow that was the best thing that ever happend to me hope this sorry makes you think a lil before some of get things done with a family friend.

See less See more
#5 ·
seriously, if he is really a family friend he wouldnt have screwed u over like that.... tell ur family what he did im sure if they are really ur family...lol that they will support u when u go to whoop his ass or take him to court

#7 ·
yea but the thing is its my dads girl friends best friend from high school so, i've talked to her about it but she just blows me off so finaly i got her to call him and this dude was lieing through his teeth i can't go after her about it anymore cause i can't hurt my pops feelings its kind of a dead end for me

#8 ·
^^^this is the second family soap opera drama thread i read today. Is he your dads friend....if not i wouldnt consider him a family friend, considering your dads gf is technically not part of the family yet. OMG i just noticed that your from long island cool, what part of the island are you from, and oh yea let me know what shop it is so i know never to go there......EVER lol

#13 ·
If this guy screwed you over and your family sides with the friend over you, you need a new family, dude.

Personally, I'd not have paid him if he screwed up your car that bad, without documentation the burden of proof would be on his shoulders.

I'd contact guy and threaten to sue AND contact the IRS. The IRS would be all too happy to investigate someone who is defrauding Uncle Sam for not declaring earned income.

#14 ·
Dude, if it was me...I would have blew up...I would think your family would have sided with you and not this "friend" that just bent you over and plowed you big time. I give ya props for keeping your cool.

#16 ·
One of two things would have happened if that had been me.
1.) I would have beat him within an inch of his life
2.) Took him to court.

It probably would have been the second one because I believe the first would result in me being in court/jail, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.