Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Tail Light blues....

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mock 
#1 ·
so....some a-hole kid shot my right rear tail light with a pellet gun [:(!]

I have a 2002 Mach (cd silver)

I look on ebay...some dude has a right and left rear lights for $25 each...so I purchase the right one from this auction:

Ebay Auction

It looks just like the one on my car, so I'm thinking - man this is cool...I never get off this cheap in fixing something when it breaks...and the guy sent it out very fast...I got it just a couple of days later...looks brand spankin' new...all is well.

I go to put the thing in my car and it only has 2 of the slots for the bulbs cut out and my car has 3 bulbs on it? Same part number as the one that came out and everything...except the new one has the top light hole still filled in? I pulled the bulb and stuck it in anyway until I can fix it...I'm guessing I'll have to make a template and cut it out with a Dremel?

Anyone ever tried this before or have any advice?

[:(]

See less See more
#5 ·
I didn't take any pics but I got it fixed....took about 30 min...I took the old tail light, made a template, put it on the new one and took a dremel and cut it out...then took a round file and some sandpaper and smoothed it over, looks like it is supposed to look...worked the first time I tried to put the bulb in...no problem.

Mock :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.