Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Euro grille - 2002 Upper / 1998 lower

5K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  microtonal 
#1 ·
I just installed my 2002 Upper Grille and 1998 Lower Grille I ordered from European Parts. I used the Upper Euro grille with US Turn Signal mod for instructions. Got both shipped for $112.67 USD.

The instructions were pretty good and got me through the install. Since this mod was documented in 2001, it did not account for the 2002 upper grille.

Upper Grille
When you install the 2002 Euro upper grille, you will need to cut out a small piece in the middle or your hood latch release will not be accessible. In Europe they have the hood key lock so they probably don't have the hood release latch.

I used 6/32 by 3/4inch screws with locknuts instead of zip ties for mounting the turn signal lights.
I only need to mount the top two screws and it is on there soild. I also didn't drill thru the turn signal lights to mount the turn signal lights like documented. Instead I left two tabs at top when I cut the turn signals from the grill and drilled the holes on the tabs.

Lower Grille
Pretty straight forward using the instructions. I only needed to zip tie the two ends and two in the middle and it snaps in there pretty tight.

Overall, it did take me about 2hrs to do as documented. The hardest part is cutting the turn sigs off the old grill. Sawing the Fog light mounts from the lower grille was a cinch because the plastic was alot softer.

See less See more
#8 ·
Wow. That's what I've been looking for. That grill. Well both of them. That looks pretty spiffy. And you got them both from European parts, right?

#9 ·
Ya, mofocus, I thought about getting the 1998 upper grille for matching but that would of been the logical thing to do, to get matching sets.... But I'm weird..LOL...and require something different an abnormal....

Both the 1998 and 2002 are diamond pattern. The 2002 just has larger diamonds.

Any yes, got them both form European-parts for the priced stated.
The shipping is the same if you order just the upper or lower grille or both. It must be a weight thing and I bet those two grilles couldn't weighed more than a few pounds at the most since they're just plastic. It took seven days(including weekends) to receive after they were shipped.

#15 ·
I think it might work but not sure..[scratch]

I think the grille turn sigs are 3-conductor bulbs(Ground, driving lights, turn sigs).
The halo's are 2-conductor(positive, ground).
Since there are 2 halo's on each headlight, maybe 1 for driving lights and one for turn sigs..?

Only thing I'm not sure of is if the LED's in the halo's will provide enough load for the turn sigs to work.
I took my bulbs out and try using the turn sigs and they were flashing crazy....
They return to normal when I put the bulbs back in.

I guess I could try the halo's for turn sigs but I will probably keep it as is for now since it works.

FYI-
Here's a pic of the hood latch section I had to cut out of the 2002 upper Euro grille.

#17 ·
Thanks.
Not the greatest pics but get's the idea of what I did.

I have a 1.2 megapixel dig cam that use to take decent pics but it just hasn't been the same since I took a picture of an explosion at the Batman show at SixFlag Magic Mountain this year.
I was about 50 feet away and you could feel the heat and explosion.

I guess maybe the camera electroincs wasn't ready for a shockwave followede by some intense heat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.