Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Missing sunroof..

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  sailor 
#1 ·
Hey all, been looking through some of the threads in regards to sunroof problems, resetting the tracks, and doing a system reset. Anyhow, didn't find a specific answer to my concern except the idea of people deleting and plugging the sunroof.

I bought my 2000 focus zts a few months ago for a daily as I also have a 2004 Mach 1 mustang that most of the spending cash goes into. I was thinking about keeping this focus just for a daily, but I am thinking of putting a bit of money in to it and keeping it for a while. I got it for $2200 with 95k miles with everything in good order except for the sunroof.

Looks like the previous owner took out the tracks, motor, and glass. Put some piece of heavy foam or something with a vinyl sheet glued around it to the roof opening and roof liner sliding part. Looking to see what exact parts I will need and what I should be looking at as far as parts costs. Thanks

#5 ·
If i'm not mistaken, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, a sunroof was not an option for 2000 model foci. It became an option in '01 but as a crank sunroof only, then power in 2002. Sounds like maybe he attempted to put a sunroof in himself by cutting out a hole in the roof and then realized it wouldn't work. What does the sunroof switch look like? Or is there one?

#10 ·
Some members have done a panoramic sunroof with a sliding vinyl top (fold back).

Check out the "album" areas for pictures & info. if you're interested (or if you find damage that would make returning it to stock difficult/impossible.

Cheers!

#16 ·
* Update

I opened up the covering on the sunroof and it shows that I still do have the sunroof mechanism, but not the glass. No way of knowing if I need more than just the glass though. I did find a bracket that looks to hold the glass in to the mechanism mount, but not sure exactly how the glass is seated/mounted in. Does anyone have any pictures of mounting the glass?

Also, the sunroof button has power going to it, but does not move physically. Seems like it is stuck in the middle. Any thoughts?

#17 ·
Button's different than mine (mine is in a plastic housing by the light), but it IS a different year... Not moving is likely N.G. - weather damage?

Sunshade & mounting looks stock, Glass mounts to a metal frame that is the shape of the hole. It has mounting tabs that bolt to the mechanism. Felt like edge to the metal frame. I'm assuming the glass is glued to the frame, so it's a single piece you'd have to acquire...

Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.