Focus Fanatics Forum banner

US to Euro Conversion Rieger Body Kit

7K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  bringler26 
#1 ·
I am tempted to do a conversion to my US 06' SES to the similarly styled MK2 in Europe.

I have searched , but the forums either have parts for sale or random questions based loosely on a conversion.

Is there anywhere I can read into a full conversion to Euro parts to do the Rieger body kit?

#2 ·
Not going to happen unless you plan on putting many, many hours of work into it and are willing to change and custom build just about every body part on your car.

The Euro second gen is a completely different car than the US models of the same years which were still based off the first gen Focus with a minor face lift.

What you can do is a take a first gen body Euro body kit and install it on your car, but when your done, it will look like a first gen Focus.

#5 ·
Yeah I saw that, I'm not really concerned with the look of the rear. The only thing I was really interested in is doing the front bumper and the lip that is shown on the Rieger kit and piecing American kits with it. The thing I love most about it is the fall to the floor bumper from the headlight instead of protruding outward like the Half-Gen.

Basically this

To this

Looks like its feasible. And it also looks like I'm going to have to take charge into being the first to do this. I haven't found anyone with the conversion.

#6 ·
The Euro MK2 is a much larger car.

You'll need the following MK2 items: fenders(they will not line up to the door) hood(which will not line up to the windsheild), headlights(which are larger than the half-gen headlights). If you get all that to line up, then the MK2 Rieger front should fit.

You'll have to custom fab the radiator support to account for the larger bodyparts, and you'll have to fab the fenders and the hood to line up with the U.S. body. after it's all done, your rear will not look right because your front will now appear to be a widebody. So you will need a widebody rear(preferably the RS rear bumper and quarterpanels). Oh, don't forget to get some aggressive wheel spacers either.

So, yes it looks possible. Unless you can do the bodywork yourself, expect to pay a body shop well over $10,000 to get it to fit.

Just to add:
"The Mk 2, codenamed C307, uses the Ford C1 platform which is shared with the Volvo S40, V50 and C70, Mazda3 and Focus C-MAX. Ford calls this platform sharing programme "Global Shared Technologies".

#7 ·
#9 ·
if the reiger look is what you're after, there HAS been at least one person that has gotten the mk1.5 facelift reiger front lip mounted to a 05-07 US front end....I'll see if I can dig up a picture.

EDIT: there's this thread here, where the pic used to be....but the link is broken :/

http://forums.focaljet.com/mk-i-exterior-modifications/507720-who-makes-front-lips-05-a.html

it's this lip, mounted on your 05-07 US style bumper

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/AFROjigglyPUFF/rieger022.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

Not what he wants. The OP wants the MK2 which is a larger car. I don't think anyone ever has or ever will do the type of conversion the OP wants to do.

#11 ·
Still wont work cuz the US customs will not pass the car as legal to drive on the streets since it does not meet US safety and emissions standards. Only a dealer can get one and is able to drive with a dealer plate. And mainly only for show, not on a daily basis. MK2 euro spec can also be found in Mexico lol but not the US. But still you are out of luck no matter what unless you wanna spend close to $30k in reality lol. Is fun to dream about though.

#15 ·
So much misinformation in this thread. :(

I tried to work with Reiger back in 2000-2001, nothing happened as they were not interested in the US market. I did work with Carcepet(NL) and No Limits Tuning(DE).

Importing a C307 Focus, forget it. Only REGISTERED EPA IMPORTERS car import a car, PERIOD.

If you are serious about this, find a junk yard in Mexico with a MKII(C307) Focus that was crashed in the rear and have the front part of the car shipped to your location as parts. This way you can get what you need as needed and send the rest to recycling.

I have heard recently of other ways of getting a car from Mexico registered in the US and I am currently exploiting these rumors.

Yes, I do know what I am talking about because I am the person that looked into importing the first MKI Focus RS into the US when it was released, and came up with the magic price of $179,000 to import it through a registered importer.

#16 ·
Once I get closer to the funds I should need, I'll take a look over yonder and see the price point I'll be facing for a Mxcn MK2.

I also have two options for Importing as both my Family does importing Internationally and my friends company Imports vehicles Internationally for The Collection here in South Florida.

I'll see what can be done on my end and start tallying up cost.
Once I get anything I'll post back here with my findings, should take me a while to even see my uncle. lol

#17 ·
Well if you plan on importing to be road legal, plan on buying 4 of them. It is a long process and an expensive process. There is a very good chance you have to crash test 3 cars to get one in. It is not a simple matter of paperwork.

There are only 3 registered importers for Florida:

AUTOMOBILE CONCEPTS

13329 NE 17 AVE, NORTH MIAMI, FL 33181

info@ri-ici.com
305-893-1950 305-893-9097���

SUNSHINE CAR IMPORT

P.O. BOX 100124, CAPE CORAL, FL 33910

scarimport@aol.com
239-278-1020

239-278-3700

WEBAUTOWORLD

4101 NORTH US 1, LIGHTHOUSE POINT, FL 33064

webautoworld@aol.com

#19 ·
You could Frankenstein it into a "kit car" and then get busted by cheating the rules with loop holes and having it crushed like some folks had happen awhile back.

I say this with much sarcasm it is a bad idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.