Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Do they still sell the rs kit?

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  hurtinfocus 
#1 ·
Just like the title says. So they still sell the focus rs body kit? I need wider wheels and havent really found fender flares that i like and ive always really liked the rs kit. So does anyone know if you can still find it anywhere?

#2 ·
search for my build thread.....but make sure you have a lot of time to kill before reading it all....lol

besides that, there's GPworks or whatever over on FJ that bought the old molds from F2 and is slowly putting those parts back into production.....

#4 ·
GpWerks is re launching the old f2 urethane kit. They say they;ve addressed some issues as well.. fitment issues the original molds had.. they are very slow to launch tho... they just updated their website with the side skirts... keep in mind this is a replica kit..

and hurtinfocus will be making molds soon :D im waiting to see both end results to see which way to go.

#5 ·
The GP replica kit uses flares for the fenders. The actual RS used flared steel fender panels and would cost you $$$$ to get. Hurtinfocus has an awesome build thread and worth the read. He may end up having fiberglass versions of the original panels available at some point. Could be a cost effective alternative to actual RS panels.

#6 ·
actually to be honest id he happy with just some rs flares that i could put on my car or what i really want is some bushwacker round fender flares for my car but when i called bushwacker they said i had to find a vehicle that they make them for that would work for my application. they could not find it for me just giving them the measurements. not sure why. but oh well. anyone know what truck has the same size wheel wells as a focus?

#7 ·
I have molds for 80% of the RS kit already done. All I have left to mold is the wing(which I've modified to retain stock 3rd brakelight), front fenders, and sideskirts. I bought some damaged OEM RS sideskirts in the UK and have them coming with some other parts that will be shipped sometime in march. I'll have a FULL kit for RS conversions available by mid-late april. right this moment, I can do front and rear bumpers and rear arches.... I build my car as a testament to the quality and acuracy of my products....my build thread will tell it all.

#11 ·
I'm close, just way too busy/backed up with other things. I've been trying to get back to it I just can't seem to make the time to get into it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.