Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (
-   MK1 Focus (
-   -   Focus rocker panels (

Keithbur12 01-14-2013 11:50 AM

Focus rocker panels
Hey I have a 2001 ford focus zts the rocker panels are rusting. Any suggestions on a cheap way to replace those or fix them?

teamDFL 01-14-2013 01:38 PM

Find a rust free southern car that has been hit hard in the nose.. Have someone cut out the sections that you need and weld them in. Always cut out more that just looks rusty. You cannot weld to rust. Final step, move to the place where your rust free parts came from.

FWIW, rust repair is arduous work that few enjoy.

MattB488 01-14-2013 03:07 PM

I'd like to know the same thing. I have a 2000 se that has a large dent in either one from a minor accident last winter.

zetecDon 01-14-2013 03:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Moved to "MK1 Focus".

gondorian 01-14-2013 05:46 PM

You can buy them for $50 each on rockauto but they have to be welded on. That is why I haven't done it yet, as mine are rusted almost completely away.

Keithbur12 01-14-2013 05:50 PM

50 is not bad at all though

gondorian 01-14-2013 06:25 PM

It isn't bad, but the welding takes skill if you want it to look good.

Keithbur12 01-14-2013 06:28 PM

Do you know if bondo might be easier

gondorian 01-14-2013 06:42 PM

It might be easier depending on how worn away your rocker panels are. For me it isn't an option because there isn't enough left to hold in the bondo.

gondorian 01-14-2013 07:51 PM

Oh and welcome to FF. [ffrocks]

P.S. you might not want to start three threads about the same thing.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.