Focus Fanatics Forum banner

ZXW Body Roll??

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  drunkyoda 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Just purchased a 2006 ZXW, I love the car and the way it drives/handles, except for the body roll during cornering. I read a review on edmunds.com about the car, and it stated this:

Although the four-wheel fully independent suspension allows for noticeable body roll while cornering, the Focus stays planted and inspires confidence. The steering system is surprisingly quick and responsive, always providing plenty of feedback from the road surface.
Can I get Ford parts that will reduce body roll (perhaps from the ST?) or should I look into the aftermarket sway bars I have seen listed on the FF forum?

Thanks, and I look forward to a long and happy drive with this car, it's great!

Moose

#8 ·
My 2003 ztw wagon came with a rear sway bar. Check to see if your 2006 did. If not, it will help. Strut braces are almost useless on our cars, but the sways will help.
Also, I did eibach springs and shocks . lowered the car about an inch or so. All the stock focus parts fit in the front, but the rear shocks are unique to the wagon, as said above.

#9 ·
Thanks iminhell and viney, I found a set of Eibach 3588.320 front and rear sway bars with all the hardware and bushings on ebay for $149 including shipping. Helluva deal!!

Now I'll need to find someone in the Seattle/Tacoma area to install them, is there a link for recommended mechanics?

Thanks!
Moose

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.