Focus Fanatics Forum banner

ABS/Traction Control Light

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Incognito27 
#1 ·
So i was going to change my rear wheel bearings , but after thoughtful consideraton , i found it would be a whole lot easier to just buy a drum with wheel bearing already installed, makes my life easier. However i forgot one miner detail. The ABS "ring" i forgot to ask the guy whether these drums had them in them or not . Not that i would expect these particular guys to know. However i will ask here. For a 2003 focus ZX5 Would all of them have the "ring preinstalled or would i have to take the old ones off and install them on the new or do i just need to reset my ECM for the new bearings by unplugging the battery for 20 minutes.

I am hopeing i don't have the wrong drums with bearings cause taking the wheels off and taking it all apart is a pain in the you know what.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Either or. I had the same issue on my '03. You can get the tone rings from Ford and carefully tap them on (I used a piece of wood and a dead-blow to ensure the ring went on flush). I've also heard you can remove the old ones and reuse them providing you don't ruin them in the process; but as tight as they are going on the former may be your best bet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.