Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Totaled my focus need Uni-body

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  bringler26 
#1 ·
Okay so let me start off by saying I'm devastated my baby is "dead". I wanted to know if any one knows of a site or a place where I can buy a new or used uni-body. I want to tun this into a rebuild project or maybe even a V8 conversion. SO ... here's the pics [mecry]http://s1358.beta.photobucket.com/user/Craig_TheViking/library/ And I'll post under the hood pics soon but all in all I'm wondering if I can buy a new uni-body if not I'll straighten it all out. Also if any one has any help full hints to rebuild it that will be much appreciated.

#3 ·
To be honest, I just find another Focus for your project. These cars are so common and can be had for cheap that repairing this car just doesn't seem worth it to me. Starting over with a good base car will save you headaches in the future.

#5 ·
Well the only thing is i don't have lot of money and I'm getting a new 01 3 door hatchback tomorrow. It looks really bad but the engine still works i need a new uni-body is all I have all the parts I need to repair it but the uni-body. The reason I don't want to get rid of it is because it is my first car I JUST rebuilt the whole engine 2 weeks ago and its still good. And if I can throw it all back together then I'll have 2 Focui. :)

#7 ·
If your really dead set on repairing that car (which I still advise that you don't bother), you should be able to get any parts you need from a salvage yard. Another option is to buy a cheap donor car, remove what you need, and then either sell the rest of the donor car to a salvage yard or part it out yourself and try to recoup your money.

#8 ·
you do know what the unibody is right? its pretty much the whole car aside from the front and rear lower subframes. good luck finding just the unibody, though I admit one or two show up here from time to time.

#9 ·
Yeah I know what the uni-body is I just don't want to go though straightening the front out. I was just wanting to know if anyone knows where I could get one from. But the way its looking ill have to straighten it out. Once I get the okay from my insurance company that I can tear it apart I'll post pics but so far it doesn't look to bad for what I'm wanting to do.

#10 ·
gotcha. just making sure. Your best chance is to find a focus with a blown engine or something of the sort. Swap in the rest of your stuff.

#13 ·
The unibody is the body, Aka the shell. So by replacing the unibody you are replacing the body of the car with the body of another car and swapping everything over. Aka what everyone is telling you to do but in different words...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

#15 ·
it's damaged... the front part of the bumper is still part of it and it's all kinds of tweaked. Repairable, maybe. Shouldn't be as strong if it happens again though.

#20 ·
You should be able to buy those parts that are crumpled and just replace them. I saw a guy start to do this a few years back and he just kinda disappeared. He got like 75% through with his rebuild though. His car had similar damage to yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.