Focus Fanatics Forum banner

07 zx3 roof rack

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  matmatician 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I am looking for a roof rack that is inexpensive, looks nice, has the front flare thing that is right above the windshield and is easy to install.

I have an 07 zx3 and I dont know if it has the factory predrilled holes for a rack. Eventually I am going to want to buy a cargo holder thing to throw up there. Also, please forgive me as I have no clue about roof racks.

Thanks! [loveff]

#2 ·
Yakima Q-towers roof rack. It's not exactly cheap but it is an excellent rack but can be fully installed and removed within minutes without any holes in the car. There are also other good options for racks but I'll let other more knowledgeable with them mention them.

BTW the part above the windshield is called a fairing. They don't necessarily have to be the same as the rack brand (mine is not a Yakima fairing).

#4 ·
You are not going to find a cheap rack that is functional
^^ This.

Probably your best option for an affordable roof rack is the watch the BST section on this forum and FJ as well as your local craiglist and classifieds. Used top of the line racks are the best way to go if you can find one.

#5 ·
There are a lot of options for the Zx3, it doesn't seem like sedan owners like myself have as many options. I've been looking for something to throw the snowboards on when I go up to Steven's Pass... But it seems like all the good ones are like $400 bucks. Ouch!!

And seeing as how you're fairly local, check out the Northwest Fanatics group! We're trying to make monthly meets a thing at southcenter, so maybe you can see what other folks have there!
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7

#7 ·
Gotcha. Well, there's a Go karting event coming up on the 14th... if you're interested, pm me and I'll get you the details. Also, just saw you got starfury's LED kit... its very nice! Easy setup too. Anyway, I'll stop jacking your thread now haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.