Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (
-   MK1 Focus (
-   -   Wheel well liner clips? (

hamiltonfighter 10-02-2012 04:45 PM

Wheel well liner clips?
I had to replace the liner after hitting a raccoon. Were can I get new clips to keep it in place? I got some from Autozone, but they are barely staying in due to being too small. Also looked at advance auto and ace hardware. Guessing I need to get them online. Hope to stay away from the marked up price of the dealership.

TerryB 10-02-2012 05:04 PM

You could look through this.

iminhell 10-02-2012 06:27 PM

I've had luck with this style.

hamiltonfighter 10-04-2012 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by iminhell (Post 4383924)

I'm using a 1/4 inch version of that and they fall out of the holes.

TriggersDawn 10-04-2012 02:55 PM

Junkyard? I got a set for our focus when i had to replace the liner.

dipstick 08-09-2015 06:45 PM

Thanks for older forum posts helping identify where to look for AC recharge and windshield washer tanks. Both behind the front fender liners!
And now direct experience dealing with those idiotic plastic screw/retainers. Yes, they do 'spin'. After wasting time with just one, a narrow sharp chisel got the rest out in just seconds. Revealing that nifty SQUARE hole into which they are inserted. Replacing them with the same piece of crap was out of the question, even if they were free. Off shopping, and guess what? Those SQUARE plastic license plate screw retainers fit
the SQUARE hole in the fender. Just tap them in. Also use the HEX HEAD screw with big washer for simple installation. No more spinning. Any auto supply store should have them. The one on the rear of the liner was replaced with a clip in retainer which accepts a 1/4-20 bolt. See the picture for the parts used. Although an old topic, hope this helps anyone having to deal with Focus Fender Liners. Good luck.