New eBay HVAC control knobs - $17~
I found these knobs on eBay a few weeks ago. I took a chance and ordered a set.
*This is not my product, I'm just informing you guys of what I found! (Just so no one thinks I'm advertising my own products)
Shortened link: http://tinyurl.com/blkvutr
Shortened link: http://tinyurl.com/cxxlmwz
Shortened link: http://tinyurl.com/cv56czl
Fit: 2000-2007 ALL focus models
- They looks damn nice on the car.
- Made of plastic and aluminum
- Available in Silver, Red, and Blue!!!
- They look amazing with an LED conversion like I make or that others have done
- The whole circle ring around the knobs lights up
- They -feel- cheap in your hand, but for the price, they're nice.
- On the bottom, the plugs -do not- align exactly like the focus ones do. They DO FIT, here's what you have to do:
1) Turn all the knobs to the left or right.
2) Take off the stock knobs
3) Install new knobs, making sure the indicator matches -exactly- where the stock was (i.e. position 1 is where the indicator should point)
4) Push HARD. Really, push hard. You'll hear a snap - don't worry, they didn't break - The flat part of the connector folds outward to make a complete star pattern and match the stock knob mount.
5) You're done!
Pictures (knobs + my LED conversion, won't be as bright stock, or blue haha :) ) :
Nice. Those look really good from the pictures. Let us know how the paint on them holds up over time.
They aren't painted...at least the silver aren't.
I'm assuming the other are anodized aluminum from the looks of it.
I got the silver ones (which look like the sides are black in the main pic, but it's all silver).
My guess is under the silver is simply a black plastic. That's how silver trim in most cars is done, and on heavily used items, sometimes the silver gets rubbed away showing the black behind.
Hopefully you don't have that problem, but considering the price, I wouldn't be surprised that over time, the silver will wear off. Regardless, that's a good price even if they don't last for the life of a car and I may consider getting a set for myself.
The parts that are silver is the aluminum...so it's just the color of the bare aluminum, so that won't corrode or fade or wear off.
The black circle on the front is just black plastic, so that won't wear either.
They should be fine!
* Takes ~2-3 weeks to get them here when purhchased, FYI.
uh....wow! I'm getting some right NEOW!!!!
I saw those in January and I thought about getting a set when I was working my LED conversion. I didn't want green knobs, but I was afraid of the quality, so I just modded my stock knobs. Good to know that those fit and they look good!
yup... might be cheaply made but i love the look... im buying the blue ones
i love mine i picked up mine for $5 with some small modification the dials were a complete 180 nothing i could not make work though i love mine especially when i get the l.e.d upgrade hvac's
Wow, those are nice. Especially with the blue LEDs you laid under.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.|