Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Adding fog lights in a car that didn't come with them

27K views 54 replies 18 participants last post by  amc49 
#1 ·
I am trying to add fog lights to my car because it did not come with factory ones. I have already gone to the junkyard and picked up a headlight switch with the fog light switch in it. And I also grabbed the wiring harness cause I thought there would be more wiring than mine, but mine has the same amount, so I am assuming they used a universal harness. (like the svt amp/sub plug in the back of all hatchbacks) But my problem is that I can't find the plugs for them. Does anyone know where these might be tied up or hidden?

#2 ·
a lot of our cars came witht the wiring alraedy there but just no fogs installed. You check to see if you have your fog light harness already there? maybe taped away?

#3 ·
Thats what I was thinking, but I can't find them. I guess I need to follow the wiring on a car that has them and then do the same on mine.

#6 ·
I am not looking for the lights, I am looking for the plugs on my car.

#9 ·
no, i haven't got the fogs yet lol... so i haven't tried it yet. did you look to see if there is a fuse that needs to be put in the fuse box. i would think that if you didn't have fogs there wouldn't be a fuse and may be a relay also needs to be popped in. since there's a harness there you just need to figure out what ford didn't put in...

does anyone know where the fog light fuse is? it may help to compare the fuse boxes...

#12 ·
... did you look to see if there is a fuse that needs to be put in the fuse box. i would think that if you didn't have fogs there wouldn't be a fuse and may be a relay also needs to be popped in. since there's a harness there you just need to figure out what ford didn't put in...

does anyone know where the fog light fuse is? it may help to compare the fuse boxes...
I will look and report back tomorrow, thanks

#15 ·
Yeah I seen that too. I just ordered some fog lights from ebay, we'll see how it goes after I get them in.

#17 ·
I got a set of used ones, cause none of the others came with bulbs or any of the mounting hardware. As much as I would rather have new, I need to be able to install it too.

#19 ·
Do you know the part # for the relay, or maybe the specs? Is it one relay or two? The ones included in my kit were just a regular Bosch 20/30A with 5 prongs, and they won't fit in the factory fuse/relay panel.

Also, where is the fuse location?

Thanks!

#23 ·
really? are main fuse/relay box's different from 04 to 05? i went out and looked in my fuse box and i only have a empty spot right next to my headlight relay and it's standard like above... hummmm? sorry man, didn't mean to steer you the wrong way.

edit- i assume too much sometimes... this must be why i only have 1 point over there. lol i better stop trying to help people until i know more about what they are doing.

#26 ·
Can someone with fogs please post a pic of where the pigtail comes out. (where on the harness)

#28 ·
^ Yeah mine did not have fogs so the wire is not there. I need a pic of where it branches off from the main harness.

#30 ·
^exactly, I need to know where the hell the plugs are hidden at. Please, anyone have a pic of where these come off the main harness so I can find them.

#43 ·
alright, this off a 2006 so it might be different than yours but worth a shot. also, sorry for the poor pic quality sometimes my phone takes good pics, and sometimes it doesn't. the silver thing is my intake, and rectangle thing is the horn.

edit - i think that's the plug, i guess i could have forgot to plug something back in after installing the intake, lol.

also - jack up the front of your car. take off the big plastic shield and i bet they are plain as day...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.