Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Silver Stars... tail light bulbs?

4K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Sniper Focus 
#1 ·
Howdy all, I just picked up a pair of Silver Stars head light bulbs for my 05. And I love how they light up the road. They are alot whiter than the stock bulbs. I also saw that there are Siver Stars tail light bulbs. Has any one used these bulbs? And if so what did you think about them? Are they brighter than stock or about the same as the stock bulbs? They cost alot more than the standard bulbs, so are they worth it? All opinions welcome.
Thanks all...... [headbang]

#2 ·
I have the silverstars in my turn signals and the look cooler and a little brighter. I bought them for the blue hue, to get rid of the orange color when off but they glow orange when lit up. and they seem brighter than my stockers. The standard silverstar 3157LL should be a nice clear bright and long lasting bulb

#7 ·
Looks awsome. Just picked up a pair of parking light bulbs (Silverstar). I will post a pick when I get them installed. I am looking for some H11 fog bulbs awsome. Thanks all.

#10 ·
They arent silverstar taillight bulbs, just sylvania who makes silverstars. They are in a green package. They are brighter than the stock ones though. I compared a stock one to the sylvania to see if there really was a difference, and there was. I wouldnt bother changing them out though, unless one of your stock bulbs go out. That is what happened to me, so I upgraded.

#14 ·
Just put those same bulbs into my turns. Can't tell a difference when their lit, but look cool when they are not. Since you can't see the light in the tail when its off, might as well save the money. If you had some clear tails or something it might look cool though.

Or get em put em in and know you got the best stuff in there[hihi]

#16 ·
Vinny: Are the clear turn signal lenses behind the grill standard on the ZTS? I love how that looks on yours.

I have SS bulbs in the front turn signals in my Mazda3 and it makes a BIG difference in looks.

Combzy: There are no SilverStar turn or indicator lamps that would be useful for the '02 sedan. While there are SS 3157 bulbs, all the 3157 bulbs on the sedan are behind colored plastic (front running/turn signals behind amber, and rear stops/turns behind red).

#21 ·
Old thread... Yeah I work at a parts store and we ran out of normal tail bulbs so the guy bought the Silverstar 3157. Installed them and there was no difference between the LH side with the old bulb and the RH side new Silverstar.

I have expensive LED bulbs in my tails and they're super bright, perfect for tint. I try not to look at non-tinted tails when I lock my doors at night with the remote because the flash blinds me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.