Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Fog Lights

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  SuperFlea 
#1 ·
I have read a couple other threads about this subject but I just wanted to clarify some stuff. I have a 2003 Sedan SE it did not come with the fog lights but it does have the mounts and the wiring which I think would be for the fog lights. From reading the other posts I guess that is everything already set up (wiring) for them minus the foglight switch and the fog lights. I also looked at the fuse panel and the fuses and everything for them is already there. So is the wiring already set up behind the switch itself ready to be connected if the switch was equiped for foglights? Or would I have to do some wiring myself to the switch to make the lights work? I am not planning on putting Foglights in now but i could possibly in the future and was wondering if most everything was already set up. Thanks Viper90

#4 ·
Viper90- I have the same year and make, I also thought the exact samething. So I decied to go the the dealership, and they said everything is mostly hardwired, BUT!!!! You still need to have a relay installed so the fog lamps will cut out when you hit the high-beams. I don't know if they were just feeding me a line, the manager just suggested going completely aftermarket. I hope this helps.

#10 ·
Does anyone have a lead on the oem (or good aftermarket) kit for 06 and 07 models without the factory fog/driving lights?

Thanks!

I might be wrong... but you maye be able to use the kit for the older models (00-04) well, except for the fogs them selves. But maybe using the wiring and getting the OEM fogs seperately. You should try a Ford dealer, they might even have an OEM fog light kit fro the newer models.

[cheers]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.