Focus Fanatics Forum banner

The Mid West Boredom Thread

439K views 4K replies 92 participants last post by  UnFocusedST 
#1 ·
So, I figured every other place had one.. Why not us? Even though there aren't very many active people in this forum.

#2,590 ·
eh... not really bored. Been doing alot of research on this car. This forum is going to get me in trouble at work...lol

Would be cool to get a group of us together... Figure out a few things we want to do to our cars and then all just meet up somewhere and work on them together.

#2,595 ·
Kipp, did you get to drive any of those cars you were working on? and what exactly were you doing to them?

#2,596 ·
i was installing some gps tracking equipment in them so the owner could watch where the cars are going when they get rented out.

I did drive them, but only from the shop outside to the parking lot and back. they are not cars that like to move slow. race style clutch engages hard and is hard to drive smooth at slow speeds. the yellow gallardo was kinda a pos. they are on their third motor in it and it starts hard and looks like it's leaking something. the rest were nice cars and pretty comfy considering the size on position. the Ferrari's did better on head room with the top up compared to the lambos. Before I liked Ferrari's over Lambo's and now that i've been in them I still feel the same way. feels better quality and more user friendly. Very well made cars! 458 Italia was my fav or possibly the Spider. Def a different experience though compared to your normal cars. start the car in neutral and use the paddle shifter to shift to first; reverse is a small button labeled "R" either on the dash left of the steering column or in the front of the center console. To park them you just pull the e-brake and wait and it eventually puts in back in neutral (and not always before you turn it off). I never did figure out exactly how to put it in N otherwise. Oh, and the Ferrari exhaust sounds so much better!

#2,597 ·
I hope you had fun tinkering with them. If you need a helping hand for the next round, I work cheap for exotics. [deviltail]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.