Focus Fanatics Forum banner

The Mid West Boredom Thread

439K views 4K replies 92 participants last post by  UnFocusedST 
#1 ·
So, I figured every other place had one.. Why not us? Even though there aren't very many active people in this forum.

#2,211 ·
when i was detailing, i would use acetol then use wax right after. that stuff disolves undercoating, tar, stubborn road grime... and wax lol. in a pinch you can use brake cleaner, but use a good wax right after. fingernails or a plastic scraper will help out a lot too.

#2,213 ·
wel I got the roof spoiler yesterday. not in perfect shape, but will work great for what I wanna do with it. I was planning on messing with it this weekend, but now have another project to work on instead. I've been looking for an inexpensive 4x4 for the wife to drive in the winter and found one I couldn't pass on.

92 f150 ext cab 4x4 flare side. has some rust and a couple other little issues. main thing is the trans has no forward gears most of the time, but reverse works. couldn't pass it up for $500, and the guy towed it back to my house for free! I'm gonna start messing with it tomorrow to see what the issue is. I'm hoping its something simple like a clogged filter. we shall see. worst case I found another tranny on CL for a couple hundred and will swap that in.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#2,215 ·
i would love it if it were just the fluid level. i looked last night, but i think it was on an incline so may have been a bad reading. looked under it as well and looks like the pan needs a new gasket. looks like it's leaking all around it. the guy did tell me that it was rebuilt in '09, so assuming they did it correctly it shouldn't need another one already.

#2,216 ·
well the fluid level was low. just topped it off and ran it through the gears and still nothing. will pull a little in 1st, but nothing else. also the idle drops real low in reverse and died on me. guess i'm gonna need to get under it and see what's up. maybe a clogged filter.

#2,217 ·
Those f150 4x4s have an issue with the filter dipping into the pan. Use Grey rtv instead of a gasket and get this clip kit. Scroll down to item # 76C. Read the description, may sound familiar. Easy fix bud.
http://www.transmissioncenter.net/e4od.htm

#2,218 ·
good deal. should fix the reverse kill part of it. however may not fix the rest of the issues of having no forward gears. i'm gonna try to check for codes after lunch today and see where that gets me. still hoping it's gonna be something simple. I just called a local trans shop and they said a rebuild for it is about $1695 plus any internal parts needed. however if i can get it in to them they will diagnose it for free and get as close a price as possible for whatever repair is needed.

#2,225 ·
i ended up getting a nexus 7. i like the android and the lower price point for it. just wifi and works fine. would be nice to have 3g atleast, but not a huge deal and don't wanna pay for an unneeded expense. i bought it in the morning before flying to ND a while back. it came loaded with transformers dotm on it, but found out when i went to watch it on the plane that it's basically a "purchased" vid, but isn't downloaded to watch offline. made for a boring flight when that was my origonal plan.

#2,226 ·
I just played with a nexus not too long ago, and it's pretty similar to iPads, I'd like to have an Android just for the customization possibilities. Hate leaving things the way they come from the factory [giddy] But I'd take either honestly.

#2,227 ·
Kicking my interior project into high gear! Got a lot to do but I need a timeframe for when I need to get it completed. I'll list off all that I'm doing, what would you guys think is a realistic amount of time to complete it? You know, so I have a deadline, or goal time.

I already have my headliner out but it's dirty, so it needs to be cleaned. I want to add a rear light, and stain the whole headliner black, paint all of my pillars black. The rear interior is out too, so with that I've already pulled the vinyl cards and I'm going to rewrap them with either blue leather/vinyl or alacantra type material. I also plan to pull off the front door cards and doing the same thing. Some of the rear panels have broken clips so I need to repair those and get it all buttoned back up and put together.

Keep in mind, I have my little family to take care of and work. I'm getting sick of seeing my car all spread out and I want to complete everything. I am hoping to have it all back in and done before focusfest, but not at the last minute. Maybe two months from now? Or do you think that would be too long?

#2,228 ·
how much free time do you have now per week? I would say if you were gonna just paint everything then 2-3 weeks. but since you want to wrap it all that takes longer. I would say two months is a good goal. especially considering wer're going into winter now (if we have one this year) and not all projects can be completed as planned unless you have a heated and ventilated shop to work in.

don't rush it just to get it done though. take your time and get it how you want it. there are plenty of us around that can help if it gets to a point where time is an issue before focus fest. we all have our little project we want to do before then, wink wink.

#2,229 ·
Well, after my interior is done, hopefully before spring, I will be pulling my rear subframe and putting in all new bushings, painting it all in carc paint (the military crap) and spraying down the whole underside of the rear with undercoating.

As for free time, I have an hour or two every night plus days off. So I think I'll go ahead and make myself a goal date for the interior to be a random day of Feb 1!

What kind of project are you working on??? And everyone else for that matter????? Hmmmm????

#2,232 ·
i have the roof spoiler that needs put on. looking at replacing my suspension with the ksport coilovers (either kontrol pro or rally spec ar) and getting all the plastidip stuff to do the whole car. would also like to get my jl amp fixed and rewired before than as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.