Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (
-   Massive Speed (
-   -   lower ball joints (

sjdwales 04-05-2012 06:52 PM

lower ball joints
Hey Karl

i have 05 ford focus st. i think i have to replace my lower ball joints and talking to my parts guy(i was at Lincoln dealership) its apart of the control arm. by any chance to do u have an aftermarket part and price? i need both sides.



K Dog 04-09-2012 09:47 AM

You can purchase retro-fittable ball joints from the likes of Moog, where you drill out the OE rivets and put in the new ball joint with bolts/nuts. Alternatively, you can purchase an entire control arm with ball joint from Dorman for like $65.

Both would be best sourced from your local Advance/O'reillys.

The other option would be the Focus Central arms, they run $395.

05focusST91 04-09-2012 10:20 AM

its alot easier to replace the whole control arm

sjdwales 04-09-2012 09:48 PM

Ok thank u guys, Wasn't aware that Dorman sold them for $65 do I know I can get them cheaper, I can get ford oem for $120 each

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.