Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Michigan people

12M views 125K replies 538 participants last post by  Chas 
#1 ·
lookin for those who live in the Michigan area

#122,442 ·
Mike Copeland? negative, currently working with Brent Malone as I guess thats who the ridetech guys use. Mostly just hoping to source the required adapters and such to make this a drop in plug/play swap and then potentially a hotter cam.

#122,445 ·
lolz yea I've talked to him a couple times at Optima events. I get the impression he likes big power.

I have more modest aspirations, knowing how well I've done with 375whp ish I've got "modest" goals of 475-500whp from the new setup, should be relatively easy. my low under 4k RPM's power goals I don't need any more hp/tq than I have now although the LS3 could easily supply more (which is the rpm range on a typical auto-x) so I can do cam/flow mods to shift the power band and get more peak hp/tq up top where I'll use it on the road course.

at least thats the theory.

#122,457 ·
Sorry for the slow response guy, tapatalk isn't giving me notifications again...

Well anyways you all know I was slowly(very lol) rebuilding the lower end. About 6 weeks ago I finally got it running. Test drive one seemed ok. Ran a bit rough from some bad gas in the line. My oil pressure was at about 70lbs at idle(seems stupid high) and after a while it slowly tapered off. So we took it for a drive again just a few miles and when I went to turn around I noticed noise from the top end. Towed it back to the barn and it sat for a while since I was beyond frustrated with it. So we pulled the head last week and the intake cam for cylinder 4 looks not so great. At this point I don't completely know what's wrong. It sounds like a knock(like a loud tapping) but it's def in the head and not the crank. So once again FML...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.