Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Michigan people

12M views 125K replies 538 participants last post by  Chas 
#1 ·
lookin for those who live in the Michigan area

#95,584 ·
Hopefully ordering an exhaust system for my Sonic today. ZZP just came out with a 2.5" stainless system that is ridiculously cheap. ($380)

I'm just unsure on if I want both a resonator and a muffler or just a resonator. I am removing one of the catalytic converters so that'll liven it up a bit too. Based on the videos I've watched it seems just a resonator is the way to go.

What do you guys think?

This first one is a 2.5" cat-back without a resonator or a muffler.
http://youtu.be/YAgqoMIva14

This one is a straight 2.5" piping from the downpipe back. The downpipe is factory still.
http://youtu.be/-I-y9JZra2o

This one is ZZP downpipe to a ZZP test pipe with an aftermarket catalytic converter that goes into a 2 1/4" cat-back with a resonator only.
http://youtu.be/EHWn0FmEKCw

It's hard picking exhaust setups when you've never heard one in person!

Lol

#95,589 ·
wish we could give rep points on here lol cause Kyle++ for that
... uh.... there is rep on here....

Hopefully ordering an exhaust system for my Sonic today. ZZP just came out with a 2.5" stainless system that is ridiculously cheap. ($380)

I'm just unsure on if I want both a resonator and a muffler or just a resonator. I am removing one of the catalytic converters so that'll liven it up a bit too. Based on the videos I've watched it seems just a resonator is the way to go.

What do you guys think?

It's hard picking exhaust setups when you've never heard one in person!

Lol
on the 1.8T's Clayton has a 3" catted dp and a 2.5 ish exhaust with only a resonator that sounds really good, and I have a 3" catless dp and a 3" exhaust with only a muffler and I think it also sounds good but obviously a different tone (also my manifold leak doesn't help either so I'm sure it'll be better when that's fixed).

Also totally agree with trying to pick an exhaust based on videos.. It's really hard especially when they are mostly free revs.. you can't hear the true tone until the car is under load. Plus then just doing pulls away from the camera doesn't give you a 100% accurate tone either.

#95,590 ·
What is he talking about then? My phone didn't get 4.1.1 until November or so. When did you get your phone Word? Obviously after October 22nd, since that's the date on your software.

#95,591 ·
on the 1.8T's Clayton has a 3" catted dp and a 2.5 ish exhaust with only a resonator that sounds really good, and I have a 3" catless dp and a 3" exhaust with only a muffler and I think it also sounds good but obviously a different tone (also my manifold leak doesn't help either so I'm sure it'll be better when that's fixed).

Also totally agree with trying to pick an exhaust based on videos.. It's really hard especially when they are mostly free revs.. you can't hear the true tone until the car is under load. Plus then just doing pulls away from the camera doesn't give you a 100% accurate tone either.
Yeah it's really tough to decide.

I think I'm just gonna order the exhaust with just a muffler. That'll make it $300 flat for a stainless 2.5" exhaust. If its too loud I can purchase a nice resonator and have it welded in there.

Screw it, time to place my order.

#95,593 ·
Yeah it's really tough to decide.

I think I'm just gonna order the exhaust with just a muffler. That'll make it $300 flat for a stainless 2.5" exhaust. If its too loud I can purchase a nice resonator and have it welded in there.

Screw it, time to place my order.
Good Plan is good.

Don't want to go full custom from your buddy in kzoo?

#95,594 ·
What is he talking about then? My phone didn't get 4.1.1 until November or so. When did you get your phone Word? Obviously after October 22nd, since that's the date on your software.
I got mine on black Friday so a little over a month ago

sent from my galaxy sIII

#95,597 ·
Also all this exhaust talk makes me want to go to my parents and fire up the G. I miss the pretty sound of that beast. Also want a pipe for the bike now too >.<
I drove my car
for the first time in 2 weeks yesterday...I missed it!!

Well that's why, you bought the phone 6 months late...
I thought he meant there was a newer update than what I currently have.

sent from my galaxy sIII

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.