Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Michigan people

12M views 125K replies 538 participants last post by  Chas 
#1 ·
lookin for those who live in the Michigan area

#93,188 ·
I love reading through the e30 whats required swap threads and being like: "oh I have that, yup have that as well..ooh dont forget that? yup already have it!"

pretty excite to get this thing running.

also I'm impressed, the shave bay looks amazing, and after being tracked and beaten for 2 years none of the filler has cracked etc.

#93,189 ·
I love reading through the e30 whats required swap threads and being like: "oh I have that, yup have that as well..ooh dont forget that? yup already have it!"

pretty excite to get this thing running.
I'm confused on what you actually need. Didn't he have it running as an M50 swap? Should need nothing really but to bolt the motor in place and wire it... lol

#93,190 ·
Uggs were a mens boot originally. They were marketed to surfers in Australia. Surfers then brought them to the UK and US were somehow girls adopted them more. They were great for getting out of the water and throwing them on when it's cooler out. (Or you are riding cold breaks.)
This I was not aware of. I thank you for the clarification

I'm confused on what you actually need. Didn't he have it running as an M50 swap? Should need nothing really but to bolt the motor in place and wire it... lol
This is what I thought as well? Simple weekendish swap..

#93,191 ·
Effing people we share common space with are stealing my monsters. I'll cut a bitch.

#93,192 ·
nothing for the actual car.

per our phone call last night when I pulled the oil pan off it was full of chocolate milkshake so I need:

BMW Headgasket Kit $300
BMW Head studs $35 or $200 for ARP studs
Cooling system kit: $200
New Belts etc $100
Lightweight flywheel/clutch $600
New Tune for ECU to delete immobilizer stuff: $350
Raceland Headers $200
Custom Exhaust $200-400
Wheels: $416
Tires: $500

so the car itself doesnt need anything but wheels/tires. the motor needs lots....

plus if I'm in there I'd like to do things right which also means:
Hot Tank/Surface the Cylinder head: $85
New retainers and possibly springs for the head $550
Rebuild Vanos Unit: $200
Upgraded Air Intake $75
New Plugs: $30
Aluminum Pulley's $120
Wire Wheel and re-paint block: $25

If i'm going to do the work I want to do it right and I want to know that I will be able to drive the car all summer anywhere I want to go with it.

I'm fine with re-pulling the motor next fall again to build for boost or whatever but I want it to be reliable all summer.

#93,193 ·
nothing for the actual car.

per our phone call last night when I pulled the oil pan off it was full of chocolate milkshake so I need:

*list*
That's what I thought. Only made the comment because you said you were making a checks from the E30 M50 swap thread... and I was like... uh don't you have all that ish? I knew the motor needed work

#93,194 ·
Effing people we share common space with are stealing my monsters. I'll cut a bitch.
Stealing caffeine should be a capital offense.

That's what I thought. Only made the comment because you said you were making a checks from the E30 M50 swap thread... and I was like... uh don't you have all that ish? I knew the motor needed work
Ah, then I mis-worded myself. the car itself is set. I just need tires/wheels and possibly shift linkage but otherwise car itself is ready to go.

#93,198 ·
I like except since we already in SM don't you want something wide enough to fit at least 285's on?
I need street tires as well, that's what those would be for.

if we were going to pursue driving this instead of the e46 then I'd go flared fenders and all that jazz right off the bat otherwise it will be at least another year before I do that.

#93,199 ·
Oh derp derp lol Then ya they are tits

Also as said via text. I'm totally game for going E30 right outta the box in the spring. After driving Aumicks STI I want to keep driving silly fast cars of that caliber lol

#93,200 ·
Oh derp derp lol Then ya they are tits

Also as said via text. I'm totally game for going E30 right outta the box in the spring. After driving Aumicks STI I want to keep driving silly fast cars of that caliber lol
KK.
will plan to sell E46 and pooparu in the spring. to proceed with all plans as laid out in our spreadsheet.

may have to use the g35 for a couple of the super early events this season until e30 is totally ready.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.