Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Michigan people

12M views 125K replies 538 participants last post by  Chas 
#1 ·
lookin for those who live in the Michigan area

#11,161 ·
I know what engines they come with Aku but i was just asking if there were any major complaints about them.

Seems that they say they make 205hp stock but all of the cars dyno at like 210-215whp. Way underrated, weird. And the stage 2 kits that are like $500 put them at 250whp and 22wtq. Not bad.

I am still in love with the focus though.

#11,162 ·
never said anybody didn't know what motor was in them.. just felt like chiming in. i havn't heard any complaints about em tho. i've driven the cobalt version a couple years ago. and i've been in a redline or 2. they're not bad i prefer the feel of a turbo over a s/c. they are quick though

#11,163 ·
I know what engines they come with Aku but i was just asking if there were any major complaints about them.

Seems that they say they make 205hp stock but all of the cars dyno at like 210-215whp. Way underrated, weird. And the stage 2 kits that are like $500 put them at 250whp and 22wtq. Not bad.

I am still in love with the focus though.
i'm in love with the handling of the focus! and its a darn good car for how cheap they are! [thumb]

i'm going to look at that focus on friday if they still have it [strongman]

#11,167 ·
Although I think if I was in the same situation as you e with no car and shopping in that price range I’d rather pick up a subbie wrx vs the ion cobalt or focus…..thats just me and its all personal preference and pretty much depending on what your looking for I mean the subbie would handle better than a focus but it would probably be a touch slower than the other 3 choices but its awd so it would be amazing in winter

#11,168 ·
Although I think if I was in the same situation as you e with no car and shopping in that price range I’d rather pick up a subbie wrx vs the ion cobalt or focus…..thats just me and its all personal preference and pretty much depending on what your looking for I mean the subbie would handle better than a focus but it would probably be a touch slower than the other 3 choices but its awd so it would be amazing in winter
No way would a subie out of the box out handle a focus.

I have a few hundred miles under my belt in a few different subies, and they do not handle better than a focus. Unless you get stability and traction control. They have more control in bad weather, but cornering the focus would do a whole lot better. Now overall car, I would take a subie. 2008 Legacy Wagon GT.

#11,170 ·
Subie's are out of my price range. That and it's almost impossible to find a wrx that isn't molested. I would love a WRX but i dont want to pay the premium i would have to pay to get a real clean WRX. Not to mention that if i get that i'm going to dump a ton of money into making it fast. Plus modding the focus is cheap.

#11,176 ·
For the record. The old Cobalt SS S/C and Ion Redline came with supercharged I-4's that made a stock 210 hp. The new cobalt SS and the HHR SS come with a Turbo I-4 (same motor in Solstic GXP and Sky Redline) and make 260 hp. (i should know, i work there)
Downside for me...they look like poop on a stick (to me, just an opinion guys and gals!). No matter how fast you make it, it's got to look good for me to want it. I mean look at the SRT, they actually thought about that one. It seems as though they just put a whale tale on the Cobalt SS, worked on the engine and called it a day…oh well. I guess they offer a lip kit for them, but I still don't like it very much...

#11,178 ·
Wales I am sure you are working on your grille, but I am not coming over today. I want to wallow in my depression. I think I am going to stay home all day to try and finish applying for loans and stuff. Life sucks, and I dunno what to do lol.

#11,179 ·
the neons are the only one i really mind i mean yea they changed the body and the motor stuff but still........its a neon.....i dont know i mean i get told its just a focus all the time but for me the neon is the one car i dont think i could drive

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.