Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Michigan people

12M views 125K replies 538 participants last post by  Chas 
#1 ·
lookin for those who live in the Michigan area

#10,302 ·
i need opinions on wheels! help me people! remember i'm trying to be semi sleeper so lets not say 18" chrome shit and i do enjoy taking the fofo to the track so lets say keep the wheels below 17lbs each

http://www.focussport.com/workwheels.htm

these!

work makes some of the best wheels on the market, especially for the price. They're a direct competitor to Advans for half the price.

#10,303 ·
so should i go header and flex with cc or should i go stage 2 clutch with short throw or short throw and just header
You need to buy that ebay header and flex that i bought. And then i'd say a tune, but you dont have that listed so i'll say the short throw. You're not making near enough power to justify spending money on a clutch right now. Wait til your clutch takes a poopoo and if you plan on going FI around that time upgrade to something better. It would be a waste for you right now though.

ebay header: $150 shipped
short throw: $100 + shipping
tune: $380 shipped

Honestly though. If you got a tune with your header, you would notice a difference. With everything i had on my car i noticed a pretty decent difference. My car had good cam timing from the factory though. If you think about it. A clutch is going to cost you as much or more for parts and labor, compared to a tune. Personally i'd buy all 3!

#10,309 ·
those works wheels look sexy benny but they're hella expensive i'm looking to spend like 600-700 on rims with cheap tires!
i found a 89 probe turbo for 1500 that i'm waiting to see pics of! who thinks i should jump in it if she looks decent?

#10,311 ·
liking the new avatar doug, lol

and go for it brad, long as it runs halfway decent.

#10,312 ·
this is the description but i'm still waiting for pictures and after that whole crx fiasco thing where all it needed was a radiator and a bumper i'm not gonna get excited till i've seen the pics but so far it sounds like it should make a fun winter car/ toy car/project car

1500 OBO -- This car has a refurbished turbo charger with less than 2000 miles on it, engine refurbished 20,000 miles ago, new transmission and clutch system with less than 3000 miles on it, new belts, brakes, suspension, seals, Bosch distributer cap and plug assembly, blaupunkt pro audio system, power seats, power locks, power windows, manual transmission, no rust on body, cruise control, hatchback. Gets 32 mpg highway. Picture soon!

#10,313 ·
this is the description but i'm still waiting for pictures and after that whole crx fiasco thing where all it needed was a radiator and a bumper i'm not gonna get excited till i've seen the pics but so far it sounds like it should make a fun winter car/ toy car/project car

1500 OBO -- This car has a refurbished turbo charger with less than 2000 miles on it, engine refurbished 20,000 miles ago, new transmission and clutch system with less than 3000 miles on it, new belts, brakes, suspension, seals, Bosch distributer cap and plug assembly, blaupunkt pro audio system, power seats, power locks, power windows, manual transmission, no rust on body, cruise control, hatchback. Gets 32 mpg highway. Picture soon!

i call bs. if its a d-series turbo its garbage. the d16 was cool and all, but it 1. sounds like ass, and 2. performs like shit.

get an old civic si or crx hatch that has an h22 or b16/18 swap. those can get some real power with some cheap work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.