Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Michigan people

12M views 125K replies 538 participants last post by  Chas 
#1 ·
lookin for those who live in the Michigan area

#9,941 ·
i don't really like the 09 focus, especially 2dr. if i was going to buy a car it would have to be a lot faster than what i have now, something along the lines of tt, a3, imprez, evo. or maybe euro verson of focus when that eventually comes out and if they don't change it too much.

and they have a lot of united stuff in wales, they have tank tops, different track suits, 2-3 different away shirts, white and black shorts. check out jjbsports.com and search man utd. they have a lot of normal shirts there too, and they do long sleeve too
OOOOOOOOOO I want!

#9,942 ·
scott if your really gonna have enough money to buy a tt why dont you just keep the focus and make it faster?!?! shoot swap in a manual tranny get a pnp head and a jrsc/bbk and then you'll have a car that can play with tts for less money! and the fofo would corner better too if you get some suspension done!

#9,943 ·
scott if your really gonna have enough money to buy a tt why dont you just keep the focus and make it faster?!?! shoot swap in a manual tranny get a pnp head and a jrsc/bbk and then you'll have a car that can play with tts for less money! and the fofo would corner better too if you get some suspension done!
because its my dd i can't have my car just sitting there, i need to drive something to school everyday. i prefer to buy the car with it done so i don't have to mess with something braking or paying for labour, when u do modifying like that something is going to go wrong. i may be tempted to do the manual swap, but that about it, turbo, head work and stuff is not worth it. the tt will still win because its 225bhp to the wheels, also 4 wheel drive unless the focus is heavily modified. its not worth the hassle on the dd. i may just go back to saving for a old or kinda crappy car i can play with. the only thing performance wise my car will get is a tb and better air intake

#9,944 ·
scott....the tt is a sweet car. but as e said, its a pain in the pooper to maintain and expensive as heck! You don't do the work on those yourself unless you have ALL of the tools needed and a lift. I wish it was easier, but its not. Plus, with gas the way it is right now, its nice not having a car payment and driving still, just for driving.

mod the focus with good reliable parts and just keep it running. My black car has almost 140k on her and doing great!

then, buy a fun car/fast car/project car to tinker with. That way you won't end up stranded if your "weekend" project goes awry!

thats why I bought the bronco. It was cheap, $500. I can work on it myself. If it needs to be down for a bit, no worries, thats why we have the focus. :) Heed the advice of an old man. :)

speaking of the bronco, I finished up my project seat/console install. :) Came out great! they aren't gonna get the leather/blue svt combo though.... :( long, horribly complicated story there....

But man oh man! those things are great! super comfortable and supportive!

AND.... I got a 220v stick welder for my birthday from my parents! Whoooo hoooo! I'm on the train to fabrication city! bumpers, body panels, exhaust systems....I'm gonna try it all. :) Next, I need a metal cutting band saw and a pipe bender to round out my shop.

#9,945 ·
scott....the tt is a sweet car. but as e said, its a pain in the pooper to maintain and expensive as heck! You don't do the work on those yourself unless you have ALL of the tools needed and a lift. I wish it was easier, but its not. Plus, with gas the way it is right now, its nice not having a car payment and driving still, just for driving.

mod the focus with good reliable parts and just keep it running. My black car has almost 140k on her and doing great!

then, buy a fun car/fast car/project car to tinker with. That way you won't end up stranded if your "weekend" project goes awry!

thats why I bought the bronco. It was cheap, $500. I can work on it myself. If it needs to be down for a bit, no worries, thats why we have the focus. :) Heed the advice of an old man. :)

speaking of the bronco, I finished up my project seat/console install. :) Came out great! they aren't gonna get the leather/blue svt combo though.... :( long, horribly complicated story there....

But man oh man! those things are great! super comfortable and supportive!

AND.... I got a 220v stick welder for my birthday from my parents! Whoooo hoooo! I'm on the train to fabrication city! bumpers, body panels, exhaust systems....I'm gonna try it all. :) Next, I need a metal cutting band saw and a pipe bender to round out my shop.
Was that a present for you to keep at your folks? I think your pops has other plans for that welder and it was easier to get it for you than for himself!!!

Cant wait to see the new interior.

#9,947 ·
x2 on the new interior, i am excited matt!

I just got off the phone with the guy in new york. They're still saving the car for me. I am excited. I really hope that the insurance company calls me to offer me how much they want to give me for my car so i can get that taken care of ASAP. I may be being bold, but it would be amazing if i could get the car by next week.

#9,952 ·
you still got the car back in there or did that go a while ago?
the model A? it left a while back. Thats what bought the jeep and assorted mods for it. :) Totally worth it!

now there's a 1943 Ford 9n tractor in there, awaiting a harness rewire. Once that is out, its game on!

side note chaney, can you still get those FL light boxes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.