Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Wisconsin People

241K views 3K replies 100 participants last post by  RuinedSVT 
#1 ·
We need our own chat thread. [hihi]

#15 ·
So..who wants to help me do some work to mah Focuz? Pretty soon she's getting new dampers, end links, and a sound system. I'm sure this is all easy to do..but..I've spent too much of my life invested in music and video games to know a damn thing about cars. Lol. Well, anything more than the basics, that is.

And I don't know a damn thing about car audio either..and will most likely end up electrocuting myself. [hihi]

There's gas money and a case of beer in it for anyone who's willing to help me out. [wiggle] I have access to all the tools needed, AND a heated garage.

#22 ·
So..who wants to help me do some work to mah Focuz? Pretty soon she's getting new dampers, end links, and a sound system. I'm sure this is all easy to do..but..I've spent too much of my life invested in music and video games to know a damn thing about cars. Lol. Well, anything more than the basics, that is.
I am a mechanic for a living, and have done alot of suspension installs on Focuses. I have a few tricks up my sleeve that makes things alot easier. let me know when and where, and I can help you.

Anyone good at smoking lights/tinting on here?
Talk to Chris (Klondike), he does really nice work with Nightshade.

#16 ·
Car audio happens to be my specialty, so let me know a budget and what all you're looking for and I can come up with a system that will work for you, and of course, I can also help install it. Send me a PM if you want to discuss it further.

Mike

#17 ·
Awesome. Well, I've already got the subs and head unit..just need to pick up an amp that will work with it all. And the wiring.

And it's going to need a bit of extra attention, because one of the 2 previous owners was a complete retard, and messed up the factory wiring harness..so some wires that I believe are needed, have been clipped. I've got my current head unit working, but as of now, it resets itself everytime I shut the car off. So it never saves any settings, presets, etc. Which may be my fault, for mixing up a couple wires when I put it in. It was my first head unit install, so I'm sure I did it wrong, lol.

#28 ·
great thing about our crew is we are very well rounded.
Scott knows a ton and has a lot of ways to get us parts
Mike is good with audio
I do graphics
Brenton races

Its a very good diverse crew.

#29 ·
And I know..Military/Police stuff. So. Yeah!

But I agree, we've got almost all areas of the game covered. Which is good for me. Because I know very little about all aspects of this car guy stuff. The only one I'm good at, is the whole acting gay with each other thing. Lol. I've got that down pat.

#31 ·
Squeeling on startup is probably the serpentine belt tensioner.
Well, then I'll fix that too. But, 120k miles, and as far as I know the timing belt has never been done, so I'm sure it needs it. And I want to do it before it snaps on me and I have to replace a water pump and all that other nonsense along with it.

What all would I need to fix my belt squeal, if it is the serpentine belt tensioner? Just a new S-belt? Or other stuff as well?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.