Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Northern Illinois Track Day...

4K views 66 replies 17 participants last post by  Super Dave 26 
#1 ·
Blackhawk Farms Raceway is a road course north west of Chicago, just north of Rockford. It's a little under two miles long.

I've raced motorcycles there for years and years and years. The SCCA races there.

I've talked to the new ownership about organizing some track days. Wouldn't be racing, but it would be real on track time.

Does that interest anyone?

#5 ·
I know with the bike track days, there's an age limit of eighteen. That's the nature of insurance and lawyers, unfortunately. I don't know exactly how that will be with this, but I'd probably assume that those rules would be the same.

#10 ·
I know the motorcycle track days were less than $200 and lunch was provided. I don't know what the break out will be...might be $165 for the day if entered in advance on the on line entry system.

#17 ·
I got my new brakes for this event. I got EBC Rotors with EBC Yellow Stuff pads and next is my 28mm rear sway bar and 25mm front sway bar. O and I got new wheels to use, so I don't ruin my Euro wheels and tires. I can't wait for the SVT battle.

#20 ·
yah this track is raced at with the nsscc a lot as well as midwest council etc. around the area. I have yet to go, but would love to get another track under my belt. I hear it's a decent track and it's fun also. There are a lot of guys that run it that were at autobahn. I can't wait :D

#22 ·
To all you Rockford people, step up! I'd totally go to this, even with my car still being stock. Heck! I'd bring my news team.

I work for the NBC station out of Rockford, and have been up to Blackhawk for track days and races a couple times already. I know our sports dept would be all over it, and as I'm 1/4th of the weekend staff, I know they'd be all over it, too.

The track is pretty decent. Some very fast turns and great seating for anyone to watch on every turn. If you're nice to security, they even let you go film from the flagger's box.

If this gets set up, send me a PM, and I'll work on sponsorship and a little bit of publicity if it's wanted.

Google Map's Location

#27 ·
Still working on it.

I believe that there will be two to three dates, but I don't have specific details as of yet. I want a schedule too. Might have a meeting next week between the holidays.

Thanks for the reminder in the bump... [clap]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.