Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Focus in the Field 2007 -- Official Announcement

7K views 60 replies 23 participants last post by  CrazyMatt 
#1 · (Edited)
Focus in the Field 2007 Official Announcement

Massive Speed System brings you Focus in the Field 2007!

The event will take place Saturday, July 28th – Sunday, July 29th, so MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW! This year we are changing things up with a totally new location! We have moved from the parks and cornfields of Indiana to the bustling town of Spring Grove, Illinois. If you can't decide on whether to attend CruiseJam 2 or FITF 2007, there's no need. FITF is joining forces with CruiseJam 2 to make this years biggest and best Focus event in the Midwest.

SATURDAY:

The first day's festivities will begin at 10am at the Massive Speed System Headquarters in Spring Grove, Illinois and will still include all of the events and prizes you've come to love at FITF. Hang out for the day, listen to the live DJ, and relax in the sun while chatting it up with other Focus Enthusiasts. Expect lunch, a T-shirt, and a goodie bag on us!

Don't forget to clean up that car and enter into the FITF car show for a chance to win prizes! You also have the options of participating in the Dyno Competition (pricing TBA) to test your ride's mettle.

From there we will proceed to dinner, drinks, and potentially some decadence at the famed Blarney Island (http://www.blarneyisland.com). This will be an excellent opportunity to see what your online Focus Friends are really like. After that we will head on over to a local campground (http://www.fishlakebeach.com) for the remainder of the evening. Here we will be able to sit around and BS around the campfire, sharing stories that have become a staple of FITF. There are rooms are available at nearby hotels for those who don't wish to embrace the camping life.

SUNDAY:

Sunday's festivities will take you on a short jaunt into the northern lands of Wisconsin to participate in Club Day/ Fun Racing at Great Lakes Dragway in Union Grove. Want to prove your car is the fastest? Do you think the Dyno Competition results don't show the true capabilities of your car? Now's your chance to show everyone. Talk some smack and then back it up on the strip. It's all for the bragging rites...until next year. Gates open at 10am.

See less See more
#41 ·
Directions to Massive Speed System's World Headquarters:

2304 Spring Ridge Dr
Spring Grove, IL 60081

Take I80/90 West to 294N
Remain on 294N to O'Hare International Airport where you will take 90 W
You will take 90W to 53N
From 53N you will take Illinios Route 12 N
Route 12 will take you into Spring Grove, IL.
You will then turn left onto Spring Grove Rd. and then Left onto Spring Ridge Dr.

#48 ·
Alright I am for SURE in and will be brining two guests with me. Are the car show categories going to be released? Also is the dynoing going to coincide with the car show or will it be before/after? I would love to get my car dyno'd (just bolt ons) but I am curious how mine stacks up against everyone elses.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Mike

#49 ·
We are busy working hard to bring you the Midwest's best event and have established some basic catgories for power and appearance we think you'll like. We have also confirmed some AWESOME prizes for winners.

Show Categories:

Best Of Show - Focus
Best Of Show - Pre 1980
Best Of Show - Post 1980

probably also have

Best Paint
Furthest Distance
and more!!!

Dyno Categories:

Top HP Focus NA
Top HP Focus FI
Top HP

Due to the popularity of the dyno competition and the limited time available, all those who wish to compete will NEED to pre register NOW!!! We may need to have judges at the show deem those who are most likely to succeed at high HP numbers. REGISTER EARLY!!! PM me or K Dog.

The dyno will be running concurrently with the car show. However, you may still participate in both, as your car will only be on the dyno for a short time and the show will be running for most of the day.

#52 ·
oh no cow bell :(

good thing I already got my car dynoed at Tom's on his wheel roller and I have 147 hp to the wheels NA...should I bring the sheet or a pic of it or do I still need to run it here?!? I guess it will show the real hp number difference between dynos (although I think Tom is at a diff elevation also and who knows what octane gas was in my car down there)

#53 ·
well mark me down for the dyno run too... I just have bolt ons but should have decent numbers for an svt (hopefully lol).

#56 ·
I'm thinking about rolling up there in the AM for a while[cheers] See how early I fall out of bed and find some motovation[8]
If it wasn't a stones throw from cheeseland (and a bunch of [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]y roads N from Elgin) I'd take the Mystic Cobra to rule the car show[grinking] As clean as my SVT Focus is, it's still my daily driver and not "pay to enter" car show material hahahahaha So I'll probably just BS and see what the specials are - maybe pick up a couple of things for a quick install while there (shifter, exhaust...)

TimmaY

#59 ·
Naw.... Its my birthday weekend. Plans already... this came up too quickly for me.

I woulda made it if it was in September, like last year.

But, it'll be fun for ya.... Wish I was going....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.