Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Sightings in Ohio (OH)

372K views 3K replies 221 participants last post by  SPIinDisguise 
#1 ·
Spotted: January 13th

Flying North on (Northfield Rd??) Near shaker heights, I saw a Zx3 Exhaust, 3d Chrome Tails, possibly lowerd. Turning across the RTA Tracks.

#2 ·
I was in Xenia, OH and i saw a Red ZX3 with a bodykit sittin a gas station, and looked like it had an exhaust...i was at the g/f sisters house down there....here hubby has a State Farm Agency there......

#4 ·
KesTrel said:
I found a cool focus with a body kit that I always see at this cuircit city store. So I went inside found who drove it. This chick knew nothing about the car if it was SE or LX or what, rofl she bought it that way.

The body kit wasent so great though.

Doesnt that bug the crap outta ya, i know it does me. If your gonna be like that might as well buy the cheapest POS you can find.

#5 ·
alright, here's one:
Mud colored Kona edition with ralley lights on the bumper, pulling into the University of Akron parking deck around 5 this afternoon. looked right at me. . . WHO IS IT?!?! lol

#6 ·
focuson03, I see that car everyday with the discolored, round driving lights. I actually saw it agian today. The kid is in one of my classes but he doesn't seem personable so I havent tried to talk to him that much. I think he needs to either re-mound the lights or lose them. By the way do you go to U of A?

#8 ·
nofocus, actually my girlfriend does, she's a first year nurse, i was just there visiting since i didn't have any classes at YSU.
Kes, i was actually driving thru Ravenna today on my way to Akron, Rt. 5 the whole way. i was getting hopeful that i might see a black SE, but unfortuantly i didn't

#9 ·
O, okay just wondering, I am an engineering major there. Okay anyway, I was driving down Rt. 18 and saw a dark blue focus sedan with extremely dark tinted windows and a fart can exhaust. Of course I jogged through traffic to catch up to him. When I pulled up I just had to roll down my window a crack and turn off my radio to see what the monstrosity hanging out the back sounded like, but when he hit the gas it was quieter than my car. This guy just chopped the rear muffler off and left the inner muffler under the car intact, what a waste of money. My car has a resonator tip on the exhaust and I was louder than him. [chair]

#10 ·
actually bosal makes an exhaust that looks like a fart can on the end of it. here's a pic:

It's really quite but i believe that it's only like a 2" and not like a 2.25" like most others

#13 ·
blue sedan at Arby's in Amherst, Ohio with AEM stickers on the front, AEM licesnce plate and looked like a Borla exhaust. Was that anyone on here?

#14 · (Edited)
focuson03 said:
nofocus, actually my girlfriend does, she's a first year nurse, i was just there visiting since i didn't have any classes at YSU.
Kes, i was actually driving thru Ravenna today on my way to Akron, Rt. 5 the whole way. i was getting hopeful that i might see a black SE, but unfortuantly i didn't
If you are about early in the mornings you would be able to catch me hopping on Rt 5 from roots town I get off pretty quickly though at new milford to get to ravenna/ school.

#15 ·
I don't think there's anyone from Ohio on here that we don't already know of...although I'm always on the lookout for anyone with the FF sticker. There's so many Foci out on the road, but a good deal of them are driven by old people or someone who isn't much of an enthusiast. They're kind of a trendy car (or at least they were when they first came out) so it doesn't surprise me.

#20 ·
I live in Fredericktown, about 50Miles north of C-town. There is 1 focus, blue zx3 (2000) with custom interior and a grille and rims. Not lowered. He always parks at the bowling alley, how do you afford mods working at the local lanes???

Does anyone know anything about Auto Assets in Powell? They advertise performance parts (basically engine and race pieces)

#21 ·
I am friends with some of the workers there. They mainly work on Euro cars. Its a nice shop. They have done some nice work on a couple of porsches there. I was talking to them about my rims, tires and suspension that I'd like to do.

#24 ·
Okay, I was going home from work. Get on 271 South Bound.

I forget where but I saw something coming from the north bound lanes across the medan a brilliant yellow light, two of them.

What was it ? Hella fogs the big round ones hehe it looked sweet. But once the lights past I could see a It was either grey or brown (which leads me to think kona) hatchback focus. Who are you ;)

#25 ·
I looked into getting an avenger kit, but the more I thought about it, I was more worried that I would see too many others with the same...its almost too cool.

I saw a Red zx3 racing a Grey 4door focus (i think both were either '00 or '01) The zx3 had dual exhaust heads and tinted windows, the sedan looked stock (who knows).
I thought I was sitting still (cruising at 80) and they blew by me on 71 south....

not the smartest but fun to watch

#26 · (Edited)
I am always racing something down 71, could have been me, there is this guy I go to school with that has a red zx3 and thinks he is the s%!t, he always finds ME on the way to school and taunts me so I give him a run for his money every once in awhile [nutkick] , if it wasnt there are a couple sedans floating around, what part of 71 south [headbang]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.