Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Oil Pressure Gauges/Senders

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  viney266 
#1 ·
Hey folks,

I just bought an '02 ZX3 Friday and LOVE it so far, but have some questions.

The previous owner cut a holes in the dash (above the glove box) for a FAZE oil pressure gauge and a Faria volt meter, and never hooked up either. I had no problems with the volt meter, but FAZE's oil pressure sending unit is too fat to fit where the existing oil pressure switch (for the idiot light) is located - the FAZE sender is too large in diameter, and the oil filter and oil pump interfere. By the way, this is the stock 2.0L 16 valve Zetec engine we're talking about.

I'm now forced to either find a oil pressure gauge from another manufacturer that does fit (hole is for a 2 1/16th" gauge), live with one that doesn't work, or look at an ugly hole in my new dash.

Has anyone found a brand whose oil pressure sending unit fits nicely next to the oil filter? I'd rather not install a mechanical oil press. gauge - I don't need hot oil in my glove box. Or is there another location I can screw in the sending unit? I've seen tubes for mechanical gauges installed by the distributor, but it doesn't look like an electric sender will fit there either. I'd also like to have the oil press. gauge as opposed to any other types of gauges - I don't really plan on doing any significant mods, so I won't need a boost or A/F or anything.

Thanks in advance for any help!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.