• Average

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Good

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Excellent

Votes: 53 56.4%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need Ford Recall, TSB, or your vehicle history? Click Here!

149K views 368 replies 238 participants last post by  iminhell 
#1 · (Edited)
Helpful Information For Everyone

Hey everyone i just joined the forum from one of your members requesting me.

I work for FORD and if anyone needs to get a RECALL, TSB, Your FORD Vehicles History, Parts & Look up any problems that you are having Just post it here.

I will try and help you guys out as much as possible. [:)]

#2 ·
No offense, but that's a bad idea. If someone does a search for say, "blah blah TSB", do you really think they will click on a thread that says " Helpful Information For Everyone"? It makes the forum a lot more usefull if threads people are searching for are easy to find.

On the other hand, welcome to FF! :)

What do you do for Ford?

#222 ·
'02 wagon acting like it's having '01 fuel del. module problems

the more detailed problems you have the better for me to help. I can learn of your issues as well.
Hi DJ,

If you're still helping new folks, I have a problem with my 02 Focus Wagon. We took delivery in Oct '01. It's been regularly maintained, but on a road trip to southern oregon/northern cal this past couple of days, it developed a problem. After about 8 hours of operation, it dramatically decelerated on the interstate down to about 30mph. Then, after sitting on the side of the road, turned off, for about 20 minutes, it was able to get back to about 60mph. When my wife got it into the next town, it stalled at a stoplight. She got it to the Ford dealership, and they kept it overnight. They finally looked at it yesterday afternoon, right before the service dept. closed, and said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. They offered to replace the fuel filter the following Monday, but since the car's working, my wife paid their $75 and took the car back. She is going to try to drive back to Seattle today. I've got Ford dealership locations mapped out from Ashland, OR to Seattle in case she needs to get towed.

After doing a little research, it appears Ford recognized there was a fuel delivery module problem in their '00-'01 models, and replace those free of charge. It also appears the feds thought the '02s were candidates as well, but Ford declined to fix those. I wonder if our '02 has that same faulty part, even though Ford won't replace it for free.

When my wife took the car from the Yreka, CA dealership to Ashland, OR last night, it sputtered a little on one hill, but worked fine the rest of the way. I'm thinking of telling her to refuel more often to keep a fairly full tank, and try to nurse it over the big hills, with a/c off.

If the car makes it all the way back, I'm wondering what I should have my dealership or mechanic do to the car. I don't want it stalling on her again, but the last dealership experience was not that promising in terms of diagnosis. I wonder if it's fuel filter, or fuel pump, or something else. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated. VIN is FAFP36312W105273.

Thanks,
Martin

#10 ·
I renamed it for you, if thats good for you I can leave it but if not let me know and i will change it again for you.

I will also stick it for you, as long as you stay active on here I will leave it stuck so that people can get the help they need.

Jon

#13 · (Edited)
I have been doing this for the members on this site for almost 2 years. I also work for Ford and am a Master Tech as well. I have sent probably more than 200 reports out to these guys. Welcome, by the way.

#16 ·
Email sent, see that was easy, lol. This guy being a tech, will be a great addition to the site, but remember, im on this site for at least 5-6 hours a day since i took this position with the company. Now you have two that you can count on.

#18 ·
I drive an '03 zx3, have never taken it in for a recall or tsb
mine was born sept '03, any big issues, I already had the
ignition cylinder changed, i paid a bit extra for the 5 year 100K
if you know of any tsbs that would be great to know

#19 ·
The VIN would really help but i can post all your TSB's if you want.

Technical Service Bulletins
2003 FOCUS - US (English)

06-17-8
SERVICE WIRING HARNESS REPLACEMENT GUIDELINES - SERVICE TIPS
06-16-6
POSSIBLE ENGINE DAMAGE - INSTALL SPECIAL SERVICE TOOLS PRIOR TO REMOVING CRANKSHAFT PULLEY BOLT - SERVICE TIP
06-15-8
KEYPAD DIAGNOSTICS - DEALER INSTALLED ACCESSORY
06-13-7
REAR BRAKE SQUEAL
06-8-5
SPEED CONTROL DIAGNOSTICS - W/O SCP
06-8-1
2.3L PZEV WITH 4F27E AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION - LOSS OF PATS KEY PROGRAMMING
06-7-5
INCOMPLETE I/M READINESS STATUS
06-4-9
A/C COMPRESSOR NOT OPERATIONAL / LOW FREON - SHAFT SEAL LEAKS
06-4-2
BATTERY SERVICE - OPERATION OF BATTERY EYE - CHARGING SERVICE TIPS
06-2-7
MANIFOLD OR CATALYTIC CONVERTER HEAT SHIELDS LOOSE/MISSING
05-26-16
ENGINE VIBRATION AT IDLE
05-25-6
MTX-75 PREMATURE CLUTCH FAILURE
05-22-8
WDS COP KIT DIAGNOSTIC TIPS - COIL ON PLUG (COP) IGNITION SYSTEMS - ENGINE MISFIRE OR ROUGH RUNNING
05-21-17
IGNITION KEY DIFFICULT OR UNABLE TO BE TURNED OR REMOVED - KEY-IN-IGNITION WARNING CHIME SOUNDING WITH KEY REMOVED
05-21-6
LONG CRANK/HARD START - 2.3L PZEV
05-18-7
WIRING - SOLDERING AND CRIMPING REPAIRS - SERVICE TIPS
05-16-9
VSS PID ALWAYS READS ZERO (0) - 2.3L PZEV ENGINE
05-14-12
CATALYTIC CONVERTER MOUNTING BRACKET BROKEN
05-13-3
WATER LEAKS AND/OR A/C CONDENSATION LEAKS AT FRONT FLOOR AREA - SERVICE TIPS
05-10-22
MIL ON WITH DTC P0172 - 2.3L ENGINE
05-10-21
POWER DOOR LOCKS CYCLING OR SELF LOCKING
05-9-9
INTERIOR TRIM - CARPET PULLING FROM UNDER RIGHT FRONT COWL SIDE KICK PANEL
05-8-1
DIFFICULT OR UNABLE TO SHIFT INTO 5TH GEAR
05-3-10
SAFETY BELT WEB STOP BUTTON SERVICE
04-24-14
GENERAL PCM PROGRAMMING PROCEDURES
04-24-5
REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER GRID/INTEGRAL ANTENNA DIAGNOSIS AND REPAIR - TERMINAL TAB REPAIR
04-24-3
LEATHER-WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL - LEATHER COMING LOOSE
04-21-19
TRANSAXLE NOISE AT IDLE IN NEUTRAL WITH CLUTCH PEDAL RELEASED - PREMATURE CLUTCH WEAR
04-21-13
DTC P2195 - STALL AFTER COLD START IN EXTREME LOW AMBIENT TEMPERATURE
04-21-5
DIFFICULTY CHANGING GEARS - UNABLE TO ENGAGE GEARS
04-17-4
MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP (MIL) ILLUMINATED - SYSTEM LEAN DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES (DTC'S) - SERVICE TIPS
04-15-2
LOSS OF INTERMITTENT WIPER OR WIPER PARK FUNCTION
04-6-1
SUSPENSION - CREAKING, CRUNCHING, GRINDING OR RATTLE NOISE FROM FRONT SUSPENSION AT SLOW SPEEDS OVER BUMPS AND/OR WHILE TURNING
NOISE - CREAKING, CRUNCHING, GRINDING OR RATTLE NOISE FROM FRONT SUSPENSION AT SLOW SPEEDS OVER BUMPS AND/OR WHILE TURNING
03-23-2
BODY - MIRROR - EXTERIOR MIRROR GLASS AND MOTOR REPLACEMENT - SERVICE TIPS
03-22-5
BODY - LATCHES/LOCKS - HOOD DIFFICULT TO OPEN OR UNABLE TO OPEN - VEHICLES WITH 2.0L ENGINE ONLY
03-20-9
DRIVEABILITY - DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) P0068 - CRANK NO START - HESITATION AT 120 KM/H (75 MPH) - 2.3L PZEV ENGINE
03-20-3
DRIVEABILITY - MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP (MIL) ILLUMINATED WITH DTC'S P0442, P0455, P0456, P0457, P1442 OR CHECK FUEL CAP LAMP ILLUMINATED WITH DTC P0457
03-19-11
DRIVEABILITY - VARIOUS DRIVEABILITY CONDITIONS - HARD START/NO START - BATTERY LAMP FLICKER
ELECTRICAL - VARIOUS DRIVEABILITY CONDITIONS - HARD START/NO START - BATTERY LAMP FLICKER
03-18-2
BODY - WATER LEAK - CLIMATE CONTROL - WATER IN HEATER BLOWER MOTOR CASE
ELECTRICAL - CLIMATE CONTROL - WATER IN HEATER BLOWER MOTOR CASE
03-18-1
ELECTRICAL - REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY (RKE) - SERVICE TIPS
03-15-11
TRANSAXLE - INTERMEDIATE AXLE SHAFT BEARING REPLACEMENT
03-14-8
TRANSMISSION - NEW TRANSMISSION COOLER FLUSHER - SERVICE TIPS
03-14-5
DRIVEABILITY - LONG CRANK TIME, ROUGH RUNNING COLD OR INCORRECT DTC CODE DISPLAYED - VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 2.3L ENGINE
TRANSAXLE - 4F27E - LONG 2-3 UPSHIFTS DURING COLD AMBIENT TEMPERATURES
03-13-5
SUSPENSION - REAR TIRE INNER EDGE WEAR
03-10-1
PAINT - PLASTIC BUMPER/FASCIA PARTS - PREPARATION PROCEDURES - SERVICE TIPS
03-8-3
ENGINE - ENGINE OIL LEVEL INDICATOR MARKINGS - REPORTS OF LOW OIL LEVELS
03-6-7
DRIVEABILITY - MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP (MIL) ILLUMINATED - DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLES CODES (DTCS) P1381/P0011 AND/OR P1383/P0012 - ROUGH IDLE, REDUCED POWER CONDITION, AND/OR STALL AT IDLE - FOCUS SVT MODEL ONLY
03-3-7
BODY - PAINT - NO CLEARCOAT BLENDING - COLLISION MANUAL CHANGE
03-3-1
ELECTRICAL - HORN INOPERATIVE - VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 2.0L ENGINE ONLY
02-23-7
COOLING SYSTEM - MOTORCRAFT PREMIUM GOLD ENGINE COOLANT - SERVICE TIPS
02-21-13
ENGINE - STRAIGHTEDGE PROCEDURE FOR CHECKING CYLINDER HEAD AND BLOCK FLATNESS
02-16-7
BODY - PAINT - APPROVED PAINT MATERIALS FOR WARRANTY REPAIRS
02-16-3
PAINT - NEW POLISHING PRODUCTS - SERVICE PROCEDURES
02-15-6
WATER LEAKS - WATER LEAK FROM TRUNK/LIFTGATE AREA - SERVICE TIPS

#20 ·
Field Service Actions (Recalls)
2003 FOCUS - US (English)

03M02
Customer Satisfaction Program - Certain 2000 - 2003 Model Year Focus Vehicles - Additional Coverage for Front Coil Springs
Published 11/08/2004
04B16
Customer Satisfaction Program - Certain 2003-2004 Focus Vehicles (excluding SVT) Equipped with Heated Seat Option - Inspect and Repair Seat Heater Element Pads
Published 08/26/2004
05S27
Safety Recall - Certain 2000 - 2005 Model Year Focus 4-Door, 4-Door Wagon, and 5-Door Vehicles Originally Sold In, Or Currently Registered In Corrosion States - Rear Door Latch Corrosion
Published 11/07/2005

#23 ·
vin: 1fafp38383w190398 thanks! if you could pm my info that would be awesome.

#26 ·
DJ,

Welcome to FF. Question about the 2006 ZX4 ST's. Do you know about the TSB for the '07 retune to improve gas mileage? Not sure if it was already asked but figured I would anyways. Thanks!

[thumb]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.